Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie Saying Hello

Hello all, I am Matt.

British guy, 32 years young and have lived in Dubai now for 1 year.

I attempted to register on this forum some time ago but kept giving me permission denied on nearly every page, so registered another account (sorry mods).

Since moving to Duabi I have had a number of cars - Porsche Cayman S, VW Golf GTI, E36 M3, Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Mitsubishi Pajero. Alot in one year, I know!

My current fleet still includes the M3 and the Pajero, with the idea of using the M3 as a track car. The M3 however hasn't reached the track yet, and I am still using it as my DD.

I'm getting on well with her though, spent some money keeping it tip top and look forward to many more KM's of happy motoring.

Onto some pics (sorry poor phone pics)

Many thanks

Matt

[note] thread is edited by the moderator , technical questions and answers are moved to another thread under the right section[/note]
    Last edited by Ehssan; 11-03-2014, 01:29 PM.

Welcome to our humble board,

We were facing an issue with the administration/moderation system and many users were rejected/deleted without our notice. It's all under control at the moment however, so we do apologize for what happened to your previous account.

Hope we'd be able to give you support and get your car running up perfectly.

Good luck!
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Welcome to the club Matt
      sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
      2006 Z4M - SOLD
      1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
      2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
      2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
      2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
      2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
      1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
      2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Welcome to the club Matt, join us on Wednesday for our Bi-weekly cruise: http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthre...695#post138695
        • E46 Coupé‎ "Ra2oosh" - Current
        • E36 Convertible "Emily" - Sold
        • E34 Sedan - Engine Blown

Comment

It would be useful to know if there is any codes?

Welcome to bmw lala land

Comment

Welcome to the crazyness Matt,

like Bruno said, a code reader is invaluable. they are very cheap on the bay and will give you much, much information about your car and its issues.(if any)

love the rims on your car btw. what happened to the Cayman S?
            Bimmerian. Carma FF race exhaust. BMW DMK 6 Ultra Short Shift kit. CDV X. BMW Performance CSL 19" Rims. Apex. Stop-Tech. RPI. APR Aero. CSL intake. Epic Alpha-N. KW Clubsports. GC race sways. Tillett. Sabelt. 288/280. SuperSprint s1 - cats. Custom roll bar, rear STB, ME stb, Brembo 6x4 :w00t:

Comment

Matt,

every forum I go on I see pics of your M3! hahahahahaha Shame on you for not getting her on track yet.
              Last edited by RAFiK; 07-01-2014, 09:53 AM.
              1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
              2012 Camaro SS
              2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
              2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Steve why do you want the guy to track his car? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
                  Matt,

every forum I go on I see pics of your M3! hahahahahaha Shame on you for not getting her on track yet.
                  I know, I know! Sorry

I just need to get the power steering pump sorted and I will be treating it to some track action.

To answer other questions.

Codes - Yes, I will get a reader purchased off ebay. Anyone got one I can borrow in the meantime?

Cayman S - Loved it, was a great car. Just couldn't fully enjoy it on my straight road commute. That way I split my budget and got the Pajero for DD and the M3 for fun. Problem is, my wife uses the Pajero more and more now so the M3 is a DD for me again. Maybe I need a third car.

Pics of the CS

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                    Steve why do you want the guy to track his car? LOL
                    That was the reason why Matt bought it in the first place. He also bought another car as a daily drive, so he could track the M3.

Would be good to have a few E36 M3's on the track
                    Last edited by RAFiK; 07-01-2014, 07:36 PM.
                    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                    2012 Camaro SS
                    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

[note] guys , this thread took complete different direction , it supposed to be introduction thread but ended up being too technical to be in this section ,

I will be moving the last few posts to a new thread so keep things clean and organised [/note]

Comment

Working...
                      X