Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone Neeed some Advice

Hi Everyone,

I have recently joined the club, I do not own a BMW but intend to buy one second hand, I have seen a 330 Ci 2002 model 150K kms done, I need some advice regarding buyin the same, thought I woudl get feedback from the best place in UAE. What all should I check in the car prior to making my decision.
    Do I need to get it checked from the dealer or I can get it checked from some other garage if yes please provide the details of the same.

What are your opinions on 330Ci 2002 model. please advice.

..>Amit

You can get it checked at Das Autowrks (call Ayham @ 050 652 7722) or X Service (050 2944 506).
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

150K kms is nothing for BMW if its maintained properly like regular oil/filter change etc, make sure you get service history with it.

As Hasan said, you better get pre-purchase checkup done by Das or X, you can even go for Tasjel full checkup which cost only 250dhs.

Comment

Be sure to ask the guy for the service history of the car. At his mileage, you are looking at a cooling system job, even if it passes a couple of pressure tests. Bring her over when you can, it takes 3 to 4 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          Be sure to ask the guy for the service history of the car. At his mileage, you are looking at a cooling system job, even if it passes a couple of pressure tests. Bring her over when you can, it takes 3 to 4 hours.
          Ayham do you do MB AMGS's aswell?

Comment

Yup, basics and everything mechanical...

Comment

Yup, basics and everything mechanical...
              cool, it includes ECU remap & tuning as well?

Comment

Tuning can be done properly when Sal flies in from the UK...Add your name to the list on the relevant thread.

Comment

Thank you guys you all are of great help

Guys,

Thanks for the update, I really needed that, however, can you advice what all ?? should I ask him, the seller mentioned that he has maintained the vehicle and not the first owner neither he has the accident history to the vehicle prior to his purchase. He mentioned he got it checked from tasjeel and it seems it has passed the test but not sure if it is the 250 AED test. Also Guys need advice whether we are allowed to own a car in UAE more than 10 years old.

Secondly Ayham, I will try to call you however for the pre-purchase check up and would bargain on the price if it requires works. I am really keen on buyin a BM since I had driven one back in US the 1999 328 IS which was absolutely a rocket. So I hope the 330Ci is as cool as the beamer.
                  Also would like to know the information regarding complete makeover of the car which is the place where in the event I purchase it I get it painted and refurbished in terms of exterios and interiors.

Cheers,.... guys, Amit

Comment

Originally posted by ASJ9877 View Post
                    Guys,

Thanks for the update, I really needed that, however, can you advice what all ?? should I ask him, the seller mentioned that he has maintained the vehicle and not the first owner neither he has the accident history to the vehicle prior to his purchase. He mentioned he got it checked from tasjeel and it seems it has passed the test but not sure if it is the 250 AED test. Also Guys need advice whether we are allowed to own a car in UAE more than 10 years old.

Secondly Ayham, I will try to call you however for the pre-purchase check up and would bargain on the price if it requires works. I am really keen on buyin a BM since I had driven one back in US the 1999 328 IS which was absolutely a rocket. So I hope the 330Ci is as cool as the beamer.
                    Also would like to know the information regarding complete makeover of the car which is the place where in the event I purchase it I get it painted and refurbished in terms of exterios and interiors.

Cheers,.... guys, Amit

Honestly speaking, forget whatever the seller is saying, you need to get it checked inside out and Ayham will help you with this, make sure you get all the service history with it coz the milage is a bit high (150K), you want to make sure that it is maintained well....

At tasjeel, they do 50dhs check which is pre-registration/transfer check, they only check tires, brakes, wipers and other basic things, if you pay 250dhs they will look everything including suspension, steering, batteries etc etc they will even take it out for short drive to identify any problem.

Comment

Tuning can be done properly when Sal flies in from the UK...Add your name to the list on the relevant thread.
                      ok mate... do you have the link by any chance?

Comment

Here you go http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthre...?t=5763&page=7
                        sigpic
                        BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Originally posted by SHkater View Post
                          :bmwbest:

Comment

Working...
                          X