Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The right fuel

Hi Guys,

I brought BMW X5 2011 a week before. So far i was using Super fuel, but today due to unavailability of super i used special. What do you recommend, special or super.

I had the habit of switching on my AC only after starting the engine in my previous cars. But with X5, the AC by default is switched on at engine start; i checked with BMW hotline and they told it cannot be switched off by default, every time i have to use the small fan switch to manually switch off the AC. Is it so? What are the recommendations?

JPT
    Last edited by jpthomas; 10-06-2011, 12:44 PM.

_ only use super
    _ before shutting down the car make sure your A/C is off. when you yout start her up the next time it won't start with the car. that's how it is on some other models not sure on the lates models.

Comment

Thanks Bruno.

I always switch off ac before engine stop, but it always start AC while starting the engine

Since i used special today, is there any specific procedure to be followed before filling super next time. I called BMW hotline and they told Special is OK

Comment

switching from super to special and visa versa doesn't involve a certain procedure to be followed. as long as you don't fill it up with diesel or water you are fine.

regarding the A/C not sure if there is a way to program that. maybe others can shed some light.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          switching from super to special and visa versa doesn't involve a certain procedure to be followed. as long as you don't fill it up with diesel or water you are fine.
          or orange juice!
          Meskovic
          this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

:lol:
            sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

What happens if you a/c on when u start the engine? I know you shouldnt do it, never knew why though
              07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rady View Post
                What happens if you a/c on when u start the engine? I know you shouldnt do it, never knew why though
                Nothing happens cuz when cranking the engine all the aux circuits are off untill the engine starts!
                Who told you that you should'nt have the AC on when starting!:bash:

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                  Nothing happens cuz when cranking the engine all the aux circuits are off untill the engine starts!
                  Who told you that you should'nt have the AC on when starting!:bash:
                  Shak cant this be programmed usig a GT1 so that the car remember the last setting before turning off the car or to have the a/c off ?
                  sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
                  Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
                  Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
                  Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
                  Black 1986 E28 535i
                  Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
                  Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
                  Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
                    Shak cant this be programmed usig a GT1 so that the car remember the last setting before turning off the car or to have the a/c off ?
                    Yes it can BE done in the CKM (CAR KEY MEMORY) via SSS! (SOFTWARE SERVICE STATION)

Comment

I have practiced it since i started driving (almost 18 years). Good to hear that it’s not required any more. Thank you all for your contribution. Which fuel you bimmers use special or super?

Comment

Originally posted by shak "X" View Post
                        Yes it can BE done in the CKM (CAR KEY MEMORY) via SSS! (SOFTWARE SERVICE STATION)
                        Daym Shak!

We are doing this on my at tomorrow.
                        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by jpthomas View Post
                          I have practiced it since i started driving (almost 18 years). Good to hear that it’s not required any more. Thank you all for your contribution. Which fuel you bimmers use special or super?
                          You should be using super 98 octane fuel on all bmw cars with knock sensors!
                          If there is a shortage of super 98 octane then the procedure to use special 95 octane is as follows!
                          1.make sure the tank is vertually empty of super 98,only then fill up with 95 octane!
                          2.After a couple of full tanks of special 95 octane only then revert back to super 98 octane!
                          3.mixing the to together will give you pre-detonation (pinking)which will re-adjuste by the knock sensors!
                          4.But if your knock sensors are faulty it can not compansate for the pre-detonation so in the long run it could burn or damage ur valve seats and valves.

Hope this explains !

Comment

Originally posted by jpthomas View Post
                            Which fuel you bimmers use special or super?
                            Only super..

Comment

Sharjah is DRY!
                              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X