Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from South Africa

Hey guys!
    I am from South Africa, but hopefully I will be in Dubai soon. I got a job offer and we are working out the kinks.
    Im very eager to learn more about the car scene and Dubai on the forum.

I am part of a forum in SA called e30clubsa.co.za and its just the greatest bunch of people, I have learned a HUGE amount from them and thats why I thought Id join a forum in Dubai and hope its the same.

Anyway enough chit chat, I drive a 1984 BMW E30 323I fourdoor and its just awesome! Pretty stock, got racing seats and the stupid cone-filter and exhaust. I have Dynoed the car to tune it just right, but no management or piggyback or stuff like that.

Hope you can see the pics, Imageshack gives crap in our country sometimes.

Old pic, fogs are fixed now and stupid eyelids removed:

Plans for the car includes a Lexus 1UZ as the engine is dirt cheap and unbelievably reliable.

But when I come to Dubai Id like to get myself a good chromebumper E30 and maybe do an engineswop (budget maybe around 20K AED). Anyway this is me and my story, hope to see you guys soon!!:bmwbest:
    Last edited by Psymon; 29-05-2011, 01:50 PM.

Not sure how to resize, our site does it automatically

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard

Comment

Welcome to the Club!
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Nice to see you here, we've spoken over the email...Is that the car you wanted to look for in the UAE? They are becoming ever so rarer now.

Comment

hey hey, not exactly that, id like any chrome bumper, preferably a 6 cylinder one because of the better suspension and brakes. hows the prices on engines there? here we can get a 1uz for R5000 (2650 aed). My dream would be S50/52 but here its just too expensive

Comment

Nice ride :) :bmwbest: Welcome Abroad, and good luck with the offer kinks!!

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Nice to see you here, we've spoken over the email...Is that the car you wanted to look for in the UAE? They are becoming ever so rarer now.
              Ayham the rarest E30s are in South africa, E30 333i "The South African Beast" :bow: produced Solely by BMW south africa and Alpina. Wish that we could get some in here :(!!
              sigpic

Jerez Black 2008 E92 M3 - The beast unleashed

History:
              Black 2005 E46 330ci Mtech2
              Silver 2003 E46 330i Mtech2
              Black 2002 E46 320i Mtech2
              Black 1986 E28 535i
              Burgundi 1986 E23 728i
              Blue 1985 E30 323i Mtech
              Hellrot 1981 E21 325i

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
                Ayham the rarest E30s are in South africa, E30 333i "The South African Beast" :bow: produced Solely by BMW south africa and Alpina. Wish that we could get some in here :(!!
                Right you are my man, those cars are just awesome! Mtech 1 is just the best in my eyes!!:bow:

we also got the 325is which was not the same as the ones you got, it had 5hole suspension, aluminum body parts and most importantly a 2.7 engine which eventually had 155kw . that was our attempt at an M3 because we were so hideously deprived of it, and it comes pretty close to the real thing afaik.

Comment

Oh believe me, I am fully aware of the rare E30's that were produced for the SA market. We also see it this way; "We were so hideously deprived from them"! Lol, when it comes to BMWs, we are never content!

What I mean is that it's becoming harder and harder to find an E30 here. I know because we do the swaps on them, and the hardest point in the project is to locate an E30...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                    Oh believe me, I am fully aware of the rare E30's that were produced for the SA market. We also see it this way; "We were so hideously deprived from them"! Lol, when it comes to BMWs, we are never content!

What I mean is that it's becoming harder and harder to find an E30 here. I know because we do the swaps on them, and the hardest point in the project is to locate an E30...
                    how much do they go for if you get them? ive been searching but dont get a nice internet site where I can browse for E30s or any cool oldschool car. or maybe I must just look for an already swoped one but that would be harder I suspect.

Comment

Morning fellow Saffer,

Durbanite boy here. Great bunch of folks on this here forum and they can point you in the direction you want to go and offer superb advice.
                      1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
                      2012 Camaro SS
                      2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
                      2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

They're between 3K and 7K Dhs....IF you find one.

Comment

haha cool, a deben boy!Good to know im not all alone at least. thanx, im sure ill find what I must , how hard can it be ;-) cant wait!

Comment

Welcome aboard :)
                            sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                            E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                            E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                            E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Makaveli7 View Post
                              ... the rarest E30s are in South africa, E30 333i "The South African Beast" :bow: produced Solely by BMW south africa and Alpina. Wish that we could get some in here :(!!

Now I get it - I saw one at a vintage car show a few years back in England; the owner was sitting on a fold-up chair rubbing the thing with a cloth all day; thought my eyes had gone squint when I saw the 333

Comment

Working...
                              X