English E30 deviant lands in Dubai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

English E30 deviant lands in Dubai...

Hey you lot. I have been in Dubai since August last year and I just bought an E30. It's a very crap old 320i but man it was cheap. I am a bit of an E30 nerd and this is the 9th one I have owned I think. I still have another 2 back in the UK.

Anyway, my turd needs a few parts. I need service items such as plugs and air filter, oil filter. I'm also looking for front bushes and a cv boot.

I'll probably be about quite a bit on this site but if you got any E30 parts or whole E30's to get rid of then give me a shout.

Congratulations on owning such an amazing piece of history. But don't call it a turd :(

Contact Bruno, as he has 2 and he's the man for such parts/E30 advice.

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard

Comment

Welcome to the Club!

Bruno is your man.
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Congrats on the purchase- E30s are getting hard to find in this city at least; where are you working on your car?

Comment

Originally posted by BigLion View Post
            Congrats on the purchase- E30s are getting hard to find in this city at least; where are you working on your car?
            I have a big car park outside where I live in International city. For now it's also my workshop.

It's a 4 door 320i with an auto box. That makes it one of the most dullest undesirable E30's IMHO. It also has a fair share of issues to rectify hence calling it a turd. However, fix it I will. It's considerably less rotten than it's UK equivaent which is a big plus though. It's also very unmolested and original.

Comment

welcome to the club

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Welcome!:)
                sigpic
                BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

We just love buying headaches!! Welcome aboard man, you're a true BMW material ;)

Comment

Originally posted by E30Gheko View Post
                    I have a big car park outside where I live in International city. For now it's also my workshop.

It's a 4 door 320i with an auto box. That makes it one of the most dullest undesirable E30's IMHO. It also has a fair share of issues to rectify hence calling it a turd. However, fix it I will. It's considerably less rotten than it's UK equivaent which is a big plus though. It's also very unmolested and original.

Sounds like a good starting place anyway; one of the saddest days was when some garage mechanic in Hendon showed me how much rust there was on my E30- he offered me the choice to start work on it or give it up for scrap- at least it passed one MOT and held out until we needed a four-door when my daughter was born.

@Ayham, that car was still a headache after I sold it cos the new owner failed to re-register with the DVLA so I got fined for that 6 months later! :spank:

Comment

Err it is a bit of a headache at the moment. It's got a real annoying intermittent refusal to play nicely at low revs. The idle control valve wasnt connected so it got a lot better when I connected that and I actually thought that had cured it. However, it's back to it's old tricks. Above 2000RPM it's fine but below that throttle response is very touch and go.

It makes some interesting noises from the steering at full lock when parking etc too.

BUT, if I can find a decent parts supplier, and show it a little tlc it might be half decent. :)

Comment

Welcome !!
                        - E82, 1M - Current
                        Akrapovic Exhaust BMW Performance Seats BMW Performance Steering Wheel
                        - E30, 316 Touring - Current
                        BBS Rims Eibach Lowering Springs Some Engine Modifications
                        - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
                        E36, 318 Touring Sold
                        E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

welcome to the club man :)

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                          E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                          E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                          E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                          E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                          E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                          E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                          E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

Working...