Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intro and buying advice for a E63 M6 Coupe (2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro and buying advice for a E63 M6 Coupe (2007)

Hi forum users

Ayham from Das welcomed me to the site, I live in Dubai and am about to buy an M6 as above. I've read through many parts of this site already and it's good to be around similar petrolhead M fanatics!

So, to my question: Overall just any real advice and warnings you can give would be great. I intended to post a bunch of pictures of the car I have in mind but they wont upload (could be the internet issues DXB is having today). Anyway (49,000km, Interlagos blue/silverstone with HUD, full leather, TV, Nav) it's been checked out and ok-ed mechanically by Shakil at X-Service Centre (where I took my M3 for the last 4 years).

Main question I have is about the FOX exhaust on it (4 large oval quads). I've only test driven the car for 10 minutes, and loved the sound. But after reading many other posts, it seems Fox aren't popular (even though that may be for subjective/personal reasons)...

Would I be better to buy another stock-exhaust car (have seen one for 150k, white, 2006, 65,000 kms, with HUD and full leather) and put my own new exhaust on? Tubi street seems the best choice (after reading Hassan Sheikh's comments ande various Youtube vids!)....

Sorry for not being that specific here - would just welcome any input from you guys aka 'those who already know' :)

Alternatively, I still haev 24-48 hours left to consider other options on the market, should anyone have (or know of) a great M6 for sale. Budget AED 165K odd).

Thanks so much in advance. Will likely go for the below (love the colour combo) but who knows...

Look fwd to chatting some more

rob

forum member Hasan Sheikh has the Tubi system on his M6 and it sounds DIVINE!!! it'll cost you a pretty penny but definitely worth it!

He'll be around shortly to give you some tips
    sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Welcome to the club Rob !!!!

Comment

Hi Rob!

First of all, the ///M6 is an excellent car you shall never want to stop driving it.

Any car checked and Oked by Shak needs no further ivestigation.

The exhaust however is a matter personal preference. One thing to be careful about is how loud it is. If you like the sound of the Fox exhaust and think it shall not attract unwanted attention (Police) then go for it. The Tubi is a very niec exhaust and the street version is not very loud. However, it costs the same and all inclusive will set you back by around 15k AED for the mufflers and the X Pipe.

TBH! The stock exhaust on these cars is not bad and if you delete the secondary resonators, you can get a very nice sound for around 200 AED. If you wnat to do it properly, then you would have to go for a aftermarket X Pipe which will cost you around 1,000 USD.

Also, it would be wise to consider what plans you have for the car. If you wnat to keep the car as is, go for the cleanest one you can get with the lowest mileage.

If you want to modify your car, then obviously you have to compromise on certain things. However, whatever car you buy, you have to get the Pre Purchase Inspection done.

This is all I have for now. If have any specific questions, please post here and I shall try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Good Luck with the purchase. I am already very excited about another M6 in the club. :lol:
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

thanks for the kind welcome

...and who said "BMW drivers have no friends"? (wrong, Mr. Clarkson:) )

Much appreciated. I've finally managed to get the attachment uploader to work in limited fashion, so some shots of the beast-to-be are attached for your viewing.

Thanks for the advice Hasan. Being honest, I've not had enough time in the test-drive seat (no plates) to really know exactly how I feel about the FOX exhaust (also no experience of having after-market pipes), however I just remember grinning alot as I made a better sound than the GTR in front of me:)

Guess I can always replace them with a Tubi Street if I get bored of it (can already see the M6 is gonna require a 2nd job working nights at Burger King). On that note, I had an email from Manu at Scuderia recently (I was enquiring then about Tubi for an RS4 I was considering vs the M6) and he said (about the 'normal' Tubi);

"The reason we like this version so much is because the volume level at all revs is just really beautifully judged so that it doesn't need any additions or valve operation. More importantly, an X-pipe to replace the centre section is not required.[/B] At low rpm, this tubi is sufficiently docile for there to be no boom, no resonance, no vibration or intrusion, and when you hit the throttle, it's got a classic V8 rumble with a sound level that develops linearly without the need for valves to open or close. Adding an X-pipe would be overkill which is why we think it unnecessary"

...and quoted GBP 1,590 + postage. Is an X-pipe really needed therefore?
          Attached Files

Comment

Oooo! Not the ideal interior color for Dubai....However, that's bloody sexy!

Welcome aboard once again.

Comment

Dear Rob

I love the colour of the car. I can see that you alreayd have the CF interior so you shall not have to spend any money on that.

Manu is an excellent fellow and I have all the respect in the world for what he says.

When it comes to the Tubi exhaust for the V10, I believe that the mufflers alone are too civilised. For the V10, I would suggest that you go for either the race mufflers alone or get the normal mufflers with the X Pipe. Still, as you are already in communication with Manu, I would suggest that you shoot him an e mail on this and get his opinion as well.

I personally went with the X Pipe because it increases the exhaust flow by deleting the secondary resonators and thus improves the performance by a few HP. But that was my personal preference and the performance gain is not significant. Therefore, you might be better off getting the mufflers alone and spending the money on something more exotic; like the Evolve ECU Tune.

As for the Fox exhaust, you are absolutely correct, you can replace it anytime you want. Ofcourse, you can always have a ride in my car to have an idea as to how the normal mufflers and the X Pipe sound.
              Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 21-12-2010, 07:23 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Sorry, thats the Black Piano Wood. I love it.

I have the same in my car. You don't need CF interior if you have that.
                Last edited by Hasan Shaikh; 21-12-2010, 07:22 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

welcome to the club man :) update us

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                  E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                  E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                  E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                  E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                  E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

welcome to the club rob

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                    E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Welcome! Hope everything goes wll with the purchase!
                      sigpic
                      BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Welcome aboard :) Great to have one more m6 on the forums keep em coming :D , enjoyt your stay here ;)
                        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard

Comment

My advise : Stay away from Alain class ...

Comment

Welcome to the club, lofely interior and color!

Comment

Working...
                              X