Good to be here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, Welcome to the club.

I had the window problem... TWICE!.. First it happened to the passenger window and mechanic warned me that the driver window is on it's way too....and he was right..2 days later, the other one failed. WHAT A PAIN! An aftermarket regulator is around 150 dhs and i paid 100 for labour which is okay. Hope u get it sorted out soon!

Enjoy our forums and welcome to the club!! you'll love it here! :welcome2:

Past Ride: E39 530i
    Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
    Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Originally posted by BigLion View Post
      Thanks man - I am gradually figuring out the problems - not sure I trust myself to take the door card off to have a look at the window mechanism (although it was a doddle on my old E30) so I will make a list for AD Motors to look at next week... just now the Bluetooth has given up :(
      It's not the hardest job, but it's not childs play either. You need two people to get it done safely and with less headache. I've done the rear passenger door on an X5 before, not rocket science but annoying. Just make sure you remove all the screws, one under the trim as well. Then the plastic fastners/clips. These usually break so get a atleast 10 as backup. Then comes the tricky part of wiggling the door card off the door itself. To do that, on the rear passenger door I had to take off one of the window pillars plastic covers off and the plastic lip that's between the door card, window slit and outside of the door.

Installation is reverse of removal. Pretty straight forward. Take your time and patience because a wrong pull could damage the door card.
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I'm worried about the Airbag!!

Thanks SSU - will have a little look later to figure out the risk of a balls-up...

Managed to re-boot the Blutooth as well

:yippy:

Comment

Welcome to The Club :D
          Hope ur Enjoying here with us .
          Nice Ride I love this X5 alot and specially the 4.8iS its soo powerful :D
          sigpic

Comment

Heh.. 4.8 goes like a b*stard!

I had a 325i in London and that was pretty quick - this is like having two of those engines in the same car

:D

Will keep updating - there's some occasional electrical niggles to report

Comment

let us meet somewhere sometime when u free :) my office in khalidiya

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

So what to do in the evening now Ramadan is over?

[youtube]Kxa1Oia90cQ[/youtube]

Must do better next time - the DSC was off but I discovered the manual tiptronic won't shift up while you're flooring it, it automatically stays 'kicked down'. Might try in Sport mode.

Also would like some exterior shots next time, if I can persuade my wife to stand in the road with the camera while I drive past

Comment

Originally posted by BigLion View Post
                  So what to do in the evening now Ramadan is over?
                  If u like come join us for a drive to Hafeet Mountain this Thursday night,its unofficial drive , but will have some fun and meet some of the members :)
                  sigpic

Comment

Sweet - thanks WS - we love that end of the country; went there a couple of weeks ago to Dibba (Aqua resorts) and didn't get lost going around Dubai this time!

Will see if we can get babysitting cover for our 4-year-old, although she wants to drive all the time
                    Last edited by BigLion; 13-09-2010, 12:59 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
                      let us meet somewhere sometime when u free :) my office in khalidiya
                      Cool - will be on the boards all week

Comment

Then if u want to join us check this link below and put ur name :D
                        http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...059#post104059
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X