Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSense
    replied
    What steering wheel are we talking about guys ? The first one in X5 with the great stitching or the one in Audi with the flat bottom, because the one in the Audi comes like that from factory..

Leave a comment:

• SlowDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Nabil View Post
    Great thinking, I know a shop that might help you, here is an example of thier work:

Great job. This looks like enco exclusive? I had the Recaros and rear seats quoted plus the steering wheel. 9000 Dhs. Almost jumped out of my seat! But then again. To reupholster those seats in the Philippines would cost about 5000 Dhs not including shipping. Can anyone refer me to the cheapest shipping company in Dubai? For sure I'll be having the steering wheel done back home. I've seen what they can do with it and it looked like it just came out of the showroom rack. If anyone needs to have theirs done. Please let me know. I've got 70% discounts with FEDEX :wiggle:

Leave a comment:

• superbosy
    replied
    Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
    Wow, Love that steering !!! :drool::drool::drool:
    :iagree:

Leave a comment:

• M_Powerholic
    replied
    Wow, Love that steering !!! :drool::drool::drool:

Leave a comment:

• Nabil
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowDriver View Post
    Wow! Thanks Naveed! Info like this almost gave me a hard...nevermind. Would you know if he is still in Dubai? Would love to know the history of the car and how it got here. You are correct with the interior. I just ripped out the seat covers cause I couldn't stand the look of them. Still had the ///m cloth and the black leather underneath! But badly cracked and all glued up from the red covers. A real shame that the m cloth was all damaged from the glue! It was still in perfect condition. I hear that you can buy the cloth by the yard in europe. ~gulp~ but I'll have to send my steering wheel to the Philippines since I know a German company that can restore it to original. I wish I could send the seats as well. Maybe later on when all mechanicals are done...
    Great thinking, I know a shop that might help you, here is an example of thier work:

Leave a comment:

• Haissam
    replied
    you're on the right track man :bow:

Leave a comment:

• SlowDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Naveed View Post
    :welcome2: to the club my man. Knew this car a good 7 years ago. Belonged to a gentleman working for the Dubai Transport Authority then. Even the interior had black leather with :///M: stripes across. Huge torque reserves, a real highway killer. :bmwbest:
    Wow! Thanks Naveed! Info like this almost gave me a hard...nevermind. Would you know if he is still in Dubai? Would love to know the history of the car and how it got here. You are correct with the interior. I just ripped out the seat covers cause I couldn't stand the look of them. Still had the ///m cloth and the black leather underneath! But badly cracked and all glued up from the red covers. A real shame that the m cloth was all damaged from the glue! It was still in perfect condition. I hear that you can buy the cloth by the yard in europe. ~gulp~ but I'll have to send my steering wheel to the Philippines since I know a German company that can restore it to original. I wish I could send the seats as well. Maybe later on when all mechanicals are done...

Leave a comment:

• SlowDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by simon*X View Post
    Great car.... I really do like the idea to bring it back to original condition.... Replace all parts with OEM parts, paint it white, put the stripes black and the original Wheels and its gonna be a realy eyecatcher and a nice classic
    Thanks simon,

Yes that is the plan. I'm not too fond of "blinging" my cars. I've recently restored my 1972 Datsun 240z to its original spec and just got me a 1965 AC Cobra! Of course I can only enjoy them 3 times a year since they are both in the Philippines. hahaha

Paint code shouldn't be hard to get. Alpine White II and Jet black on the lower lips. I just hope Falcons can get the stripping right!

Leave a comment:

• SlowDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Ayham View Post
    Welcome here....Seeing as Bruno is in Lebanon now, you might want to check with him on engines and parts from there. Otherwise, getting parts here is doable. Why not restore it the right way; get new OEM parts. They won't be expensive with our discount, but you'd have to wait between 2-6 weeks, depending on the part.

Paint job = Falcons Garage. Period! Rims, Jordan is the place. If you know anybody there, the E34 M5 rims are a hot item in Amman and I'm sure a set will pop up there.

How about you start a new thread in the General Forum regarding your build requirements and we'll help you from there?
    Hi Ayham,

Thanks for the greet. How do I avail of the discounts? Do I have to be a paid member for the site?

Yes Falcons will most definitely do all the body work with this car.

Jordan? Wow! Great! How can I check it out? Any site you can recommend or a contact? I'm almost desperate to change the rims but I'm trying to fix the mechanicals first before everything else. Thanks for the info!

Leave a comment:

• SlowDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by SSense View Post
    I believe it was member abzoz's car, here are couple of pics of your ride posted by abzoz previously.. Just thought id share until you post some new pics :)

Yup! Same one! Haha! Thanks for the post!

Leave a comment:

• SlowDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruno View Post
    welcome buddy your car was with a previous member...

how did you know it was the naghi edition m5?
    Thanks Bruno!

The red seatbelts really through me off guard and the SR Recaros as well. So I began researching at bmwmregistry.com and found the details on certain m5's that had "red seatbelts" and found another site www.e34m5.se and confirmed it with the VIN GD55525 :) I was just lucky. I'm more ecstatic that I have an m5! Haha

Leave a comment:

• SlowDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by Haissam View Post
    hey congrats for the new M & welcome to our forums :hi:

i think i've seen that particular advertised for sale a few months back, the rims kill it to be honest! good idea on restoring it back to stock color & looks

the guys at falcons garage can do everything you're asking for, and even do the parts hunting for you :) all at an affordable price :)
    Thanks Haissam! Yes it was advertised on dubizzle and a couple of other sites as well. Falcons is doing a great job with it so far. Yes the rims kill it and I'm still looking for the m technic I or II for it. I'll be trying my best to bringing it back to its original spec. Why change something that was designed by guys far smarter than me? Hahaha

Leave a comment:

• SlowDriver
    replied
    Originally posted by SSense View Post
    You can check Falcons Garage in Rashidiya, they do a great job, for more info you may contact member 'Bruno' and he'll sort you out.. Regarding the parts, cant go wrong with Sharjah industrial area, i heard people dug the scraps and found Gold :D So yes you can spend sometime there and im sure you'll find what you're looking for.. If you're looking for brand new parts then Central Spare Parts in Sharjah is the place, you might as well get discount upto 35% if you're a paid member of this Club..
    Perfect! I guess I went to the right place before! I saw a couple of m cars there and figured it was worth a try. Thanks Ssense. I'm talking to Remy, their mechanic since he is a Filipino and Bruno is out of the country. Would you know if they have a contact number or a location map available for Central Spare Parts? Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Naveed
    replied
    :welcome2: to the club my man. Knew this car a good 7 years ago. Belonged to a gentleman working for the Dubai Transport Authority then. Even the interior had black leather with :///M: stripes across. Huge torque reserves, a real highway killer. :bmwbest:

Leave a comment:

• M5drift
    replied
    oh i love this car reminds me of old days ! 10 yrs back i had it in lebanon, check it out:

*edited

Leave a comment:

Working...
X