New member typing in the dark :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member typing in the dark :D

hi there guys i've been recommended to join this form by my friend Abd alaziz i dono his nick here

anyway, i just got my 740 from AD dealer ( i just came back from a war against those guys for good price)

and my first question is how much would it cost if i want to retrofit a Night-vision system.

i found it on the net for 3500$. but i don't know if i'm gonna loss my warranty if i did it outside the dealer workshop.

and guys if you got some1 in the service department and workshop who could hook me up with good price i would really appreciated. (they are waiting for me to ask for something so they could kill me with the price) :hide2:

so guys any ideal about this?

:welcome2: Aboard

Yes we know Abdul Aziz, the member with the new X5 :)

Regarding the night vision, i guess if you install it outside you might lose the warranty, thats what AD Motors say, but its good to confirm before you take any step..

BTW which 740 did you get, is it the latest shape 2009 or the previous one

Comment

:welcome3: aboard stranger :P enjoy your stay :hi:

Comment

Welcome aboard !

did you personally try the night vision ? I think its not very useful as the one in the mercedes, its only a temperature detector.

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

Tricky question and dangerous territory to stroll at with the dealer!

Welcome here buddy...

Comment

welcome i like your thread title... what's your car's year model?

Comment

Welcome Abroad :)
              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Welcome abroad..
                '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
                '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
                '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
                '92 E36 325i Black
                History:
                '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
                '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
                '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
                '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

Welcome to the club.

Seductive Dream...Upcoming
                  Current: BMW530i E60 2004, Monaco Blue.

Comment

Originally posted by simply View Post
                    hi there guys i've been recommended to join this form by my friend Abd alaziz i dono his nick here

anyway, i just got my 740 from AD dealer ( i just came back from a war against those guys for good price)

and my first question is how much would it cost if i want to retrofit a Night-vision system.

i found it on the net for 3500$. but i don't know if i'm gonna loss my warranty if i did it outside the dealer workshop.

and guys if you got some1 in the service department and workshop who could hook me up with good price i would really appreciated. (they are waiting for me to ask for something so they could kill me with the price) :hide2:

so guys any ideal about this?
                    Hi Matey,
                    I will shed some light on the subject!

The night-vision system is very good in the dark,you can drive around the rural areas in pitch black no body can see you but you can see every thing.It is very heat sensative system,any living animal that run around the woods or across the roads you will see before you drive over them.Driving around urban areas with cars every where all you will see is every cars exhuast glowing red.

To retrofit the Night-vision camera you would need an extra switch on your LCM and Infr-red night-vision camera fitted in your front bottom grill and then the wiring if your car is a basic spec car if not the wiring will be allready there.

After fitting all the equipment you would then need to re-code the car with SSS coding system.This will tell the Video module that there is night vision on board.

This can only be done at the main dealers for now!
                    I will have the latest software for the SSS when I get back from the UK next month so I will be able to retrofit any kit.

Its safer to drive the car without night vision and headlights on!!!!!!

Comment

Shak, that would be the dog danglies!!

Comment

:welcome2: aboard

As others have said, using Night vision here is pretty much useless, unless you plan to drive in the middle of a forrest... almost all roads here are lit up and we don't have much in terms of wild animals running around the streets. But it is doable, just will cost you a lot to retrofit
                        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

thanks guys for the warm welcome =)
                          my car is 740 2009 model "new shape"

i've asked the dealer about the night vision and they say the old night vision will cost 25,000 without labor and the new system will cost around 30,000 - 45,000 aed without labor (he needed the VIN #)

saying that i would add night vision system is really useless feature and no one actually need it :p

Comment

Those prices are insane ! Oh btw, we need pics :D

:pics:

Comment

Originally posted by simply View Post
                              thanks guys for the warm welcome =)
                              my car is 740 2009 model "new shape"

i've asked the dealer about the night vision and they say the old night vision will cost 25,000 without labor and the new system will cost around 30,000 - 45,000 aed without labor (he needed the VIN #)

saying that i would add night vision system is really useless feature and no one actually need it :p
                              Hi mate,

There is a cheaper way to have night and day vision!

Ask the dealer to activate the Video input for a Play Station and disable the speed signal to the monitor but then use that video input from a colour CCTC with infra red from any Security shop and fit it to the car.Now you can see colour pictures while you are driving and at night it will switch to black and white with infra red night vision.

Comment

Working...
                              X