Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asalaam aleykum!

Hello all,

Figured I'd write up a proper introduction :).

I've been living in Dubai a couple of years now, and am looking to be here quite a bit longer :). Last year I was in dire need for some wheels and I found a beautiful and well kept 545 for a not terribly unreasonable price.

If I would have had more time, I would have purchased my car from Auction in the states and shipped over as 545/550's are rare here and WAY overpriced! There are now 2007 550's for sale for what I got my 2004 for :(. Oh well, it is what it is and I LOVE my car.

I was planning on selling it this month and taking the time to ship over a car but unfortunately, now that the economy has gone pear shaped, looks like I'll be keeping her for awhile. Which isn't so bad, since as I said, it's in great shape and as soon as I replace the headlights, it'll be perfect again!

I've retrofitted from Business nav to pro (Anyone have the latest dvd? ;p), added xenon fogs, upgraded angel eyes to white, added some wood bits in the interior, swapped out the iDrive controller, and grabbed some M166 (M6 offsets) wheels.

After I replace my rotors/pads, and replace the headlights, I'll be then going for M-kit front and side skirts (hate the rear).

My ultimate dream car (i.e. potentially obtainable in the next couple years) is an Alpina B5 S. But we'll see how much the new daughter is going to cost before I really set my sites on that (she's due in March)!

What else... Oh and I like long walks on the beach... j/k

SOOO Happy I found a GCC enthusiast forum!

And without further delay, here she is!

-Dirk
    2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
    sigpic

W/Salaam Dirk and :welcome2: Aboard, Very beautiful looking car :)

Comment

:hi:

welcome to our club Dirk..

nice 545 you got there ;) and an M kit would really make the difference but i say go for the rear as well, so it flows smoothly ;)

i didn't believe the auction prices in the states until i went there :bow: the best deals ever :bow:

enjoy your stay with us :)

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

I still have to sit in a 545, I know they give the E46 M3 a run for their money...

Glad you found us and we sure hope to meet you in one of the myriad of events!

Comment

W'Salaam !

Welcome to the forum ! :D

Nice ride man

'07 650i Stratus Grey/Cream beige

Comment

Welcome Dirk! great to have on board!...nice intro!

Cant wait to see you and your ride for the meets..
            Current
            E92 M3 - Mineral White
            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
            E36 318is
            E39 540i ///M sport
            VW CC
            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Welcome to the club. That's a nice color for a nice car!

Comment

:welcome2: aboard
                ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Welcome Aboard :welcome2:

Nice ride you got there...:drool:

Enjoy your stay with the BMW Club UAE Family ! ;)
                  sigpic
                  07' HFP Accord | Current
                  HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! Looking forward to meeting peeps in person at the events :).

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                    nice 545 you got there ;) and an M kit would really make the difference but i say go for the rear as well, so it flows smoothly ;)
                    My friend in NY has the front and sides and I think the flare of the back stock bumper really lines up well and looks more natural of an extension from the sides. But that's just my opinion :P.

But before I can even think about this... need to get my brakes and headlights sorted :(
                    -Dirk
                    2004 545i, Gulf Spec, Sports Suspension, RPI Cat-back exhaust, LCI Hella Tail lights w/V6 cable, Ipod adapter, Pro-Nav Retrofitted, Shadowline trim, Elite Motorsports Stage II LED Angel Eyes Upgrade, M166 OEM wheels (M6 offsets), xenon fogs, LCI iDrive knob and looking for Mtech front and sides!
                    sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the club :)

If you are interested i could arrange the M kit for you.....Front and sides
                      sigpic
                      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
                      Falcons Garage
                      Carbotech

Comment

Welcome to our crazy World ;) Ennjjjoooyyyy
                        sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                        Dubai Investment Park 2
                        The Curve Building Complex
                        Warehouse No.1
                        P.O Box 28638
                        Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                        Office: +97148830851
                        Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                        Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                        Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

welcome to our club
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                          Schrick cams
                          Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                          Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                          KW Coilovers V3
                          WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Very nice car. The 545s are nice and torquey and smooth as silk. Excellent luxury cars, in my opinion :)

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Working...
                            X