Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member moving to AD very soon!

Hi folks,

I'm a proud owner of a '07 Monaco blue 335i coupe (Vishu ECU and catback). Anyhow, thanks to my impending move to the UAE in the next couple of weeks, I'll have to sell this baby off and shall be looking around the streets of AD for a new one very, very soon!

I've been thinking about getting the E92 (or a lightly used E46- CSL would be yummy!!) ///M3 but the thought of high maintenance and running it in a uber-hot environment like the middle east keeps putting me off. Are there any E46/E92 ///M owners on here? Is getting a sports coupe like the ///M3 or 335i a viable option, given the crazy driving and harsh climate? What are the approximate prices for a new or somewhat old (<3 years) car? Any comments would be appreciated.

In the mean time, it seems that house prices in AD are out of this world! I just looked at a 1BR shack in the Corniche area online that almost breaks my housing allowance of $45k! :cry::cry:That sort of money would allow me to rent a friggin mansion in most parts of the U.S.!! Time to ask my new employer to increase the bloody allowance.

P.S.: The only road worth driving on that I've read about is Jebel Hafeet. Hope there are tons more out there.:drive:

Welcome to the club man.

Comment

welcome to the club :hi:

shall we assume you're moving here from the states??

first of all why don't you ship your own 335? that might be a good option considering the price differences etc..

finding an E46 M3 CSL is gonna be very hard, unless you plan to import one from europe maybe.. finding a clean late model E46 M3 is possible and you're talking around $30k for one with reasonable mileage.

if you want an E92 M3, you need to know that they're overpriced over here (almost $100k & that's without 19s or CF Roof!).. you might be able to pick up a used one and save something ;)

if i were in your place i'd ship my own 335 or maybe consider getting a slightly used US E92 M3 coz you can save a lot :)

oh & i don't think you need to worry about the high temperatures here..

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

:welcome2: aboard
        ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

Welcome aboard. Ship your 335 over as it will be just cheaper than buying one here. sorry to tell you that e46 csl can't be found in this region you'll have to buy one from Europe as their very maybe 4 or 5 of these in the entire middle east.

Keep on posting and don't disappear ;)

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard

Regarding the houses in AD, the reason you feel they're expensive is because you're looking at apartments in Corniche, which is middle of the city and the most expensive place. If your budget doesnt help, maybe you should consider looking for something in Musaffah, outskirts of AD, but not very far. Im sure you'll find something very reasonable and can save some bucks for yourself :)

Comment

Welcome aboard...

There happens to be one CSL (the only M3 CSL here) that's up for sale now for around AED220,000 ($60K) with a lot of mods and very well taken care of (the guy works at the dealer). And a lot of us here own all sorts of E46 M3s and nobody is facing problems with the temps; nothing water wetter can't solve.

I second the guys suggestion of shipping your E92 over here, just make sure it's covered by the dealer here (usually not; yup monopoly is legal here!).

finally, how did you come across the Club and forums? :)

Welcome and hope to meet you when you're here..

Comment

:welcome2: aboard. CSL is a dream to me, would :gun:2 get one.
                Last edited by ///power; 20-01-2009, 09:19 AM.
                '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
                '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
                '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
                '92 E36 325i Black
                History:
                '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
                '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
                '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
                '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

actually, and correct me if I'm wrong anyone, E46 M3s dominate this forum :D

Welcome to the club and let us know how we can help you out..
                  sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
                    :iagree:

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                      Welcome aboard...

There happens to be one CSL (the only M3 CSL here) that's up for sale now for around AED220,000 ($60K) with a lot of mods and very well taken care of (the guy works at the dealer). And a lot of us here own all sorts of E46 M3s and nobody is facing problems with the temps; nothing water wetter can't solve.

I second the guys suggestion of shipping your E92 over here, just make sure it's covered by the dealer here (usually not; yup monopoly is legal here!).

Really the CSL is for sale?
                      sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                      2006 Z4M - SOLD
                      1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                      2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                      2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                      2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                      2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                      1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                      2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

I heard that a couple of times but not sure... I wouldn't sell it if I had one!
                        sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Auto Works View Post
                          Welcome to the club man.
                          Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                          welcome to the club :hi:
                          Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                          :welcome2: aboard
                          Thanks! :hi:

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                          Welcome aboard. Ship your 335 over as it will be just cheaper than buying one here. sorry to tell you that e46 csl can't be found in this region you'll have to buy one from Europe as their very maybe 4 or 5 of these in the entire middle east.

Keep on posting and don't disappear ;)
                          Haha.. I sure won't. I'm one of the most active Bimmer and MINI members over on the ImportAtlanta forum with regular runs up in the mountains every other week. I'm already looking forward to joining you guys on a mountain run very soon. :bmw3:

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                          :welcome2: Aboard

Regarding the houses in AD, the reason you feel they're expensive is because you're looking at apartments in Corniche, which is middle of the city and the most expensive place. If your budget doesnt help, maybe you should consider looking for something in Musaffah, outskirts of AD, but not very far. Im sure you'll find something very reasonable and can save some bucks for yourself :)
                          My office is located on Zayed St. and I'm not a big fan of long commute times. :) I'm not bringing any baggage along (read: gf) and besides, I'd rather live in a smaller apartment closer to my workplace than a larger house that's a dozen miles away.

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                          Welcome aboard...

That was precisely my next question. How easy or difficult is it to get my US spec car covered by a UAE dealer?

I was googling around the web for "audi uae forums" and "bmw uae forums" and this was the first worthwhile result. :) If I remember correctly, someone had advertised this web site over on bimmerpost and E90fanatics some time ago.

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post

Welcome to the club and let us know how we can help you out..
                          Great to know that ///M3s rule the roost. :bmwflag:

Btw, here are some snaps of our gang's Bimmers from our last meet in ATL:

Thanks for the very warm welcome guys. I'll look into the costs of shipping the car over to the AE and shall keep everyone updated.

Comment

when exactly did you buy your 07 335? from what i know it will be covered by 2 year warranty from date of purchase in the US..

shipping costs to UAE should be around $1500 :)

BMW history:
                            07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by inzain View Post
                              Thanks! :hi:

Haha.. I sure won't. I'm one of the most active Bimmer and MINI members over on the ImportAtlanta forum with regular runs up in the mountains every other week. I'm already looking forward to joining you guys on a mountain run very soon. :bmw3:

My office is located on Zayed St. and I'm not a big fan of long commute times. :) I'm not bringing any baggage along (read: gf) and besides, I'd rather live in a smaller apartment closer to my workplace than a larger house that's a dozen miles away.

That was precisely my next question. How easy or difficult is it to get my US spec car covered by a UAE dealer?

I was googling around the web for "audi uae forums" and "bmw uae forums" and this was the first worthwhile result. :) If I remember correctly, someone had advertised this web site over on bimmerpost and E90fanatics some time ago.

Great to know that ///M3s rule the roost. :bmwflag:

Btw, here are some snaps of our gang's Bimmers from our last meet in ATL:

Thanks for the very warm welcome guys. I'll look into the costs of shipping the car over to the AE and shall keep everyone updated.
                              I can arrange the shipping if you e-mail me: jeanl@ami-me.com with more details.
                              sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                              2006 Z4M - SOLD
                              1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                              2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                              2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                              2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                              2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                              1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                              2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Working...
                              X