Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all

Hello, my name is Omar.
    I am currently here in UAE but i still live in Chicago. After I finish school I plan to move here and join my sister and brother in law who have done the same.

This country is great btw. I'm used to seeing war torn and 3rd world b.s. when i come visit the middle east. But wow I am in aww at this beautiful place. And after seeing this forum i feel like the move wont be that bad from a driving enthusiast point of view.

So when there isnt 2 feet of snow in chicago i drive a 91 E30 4-door. Its a 318i but i threw in an m20 to make life a little easier. I drift it at the event we have out there. Its a really challenging car to drift coming from a 240sx but i like it alot more. I really want to bring it with me when i come because i have so much time and effort in it.

Well despite being a couple years from actually living with you all, i look forward to it. But since i am here i'm hoping for some get togethers because i am bored out of my mind.

Firstly ! Welcome Omar :)

Secondly - What you see on BBC is mostly the downside of Middle East, As for UAE, It's the Speed Capital of the world.

Thirdly - You come from a 240 sx? I used to (and still do) love that car!

And lastly! You're more than welcome to join us at point in time,

Looking forward to meet another enthusiast :)

Cheers!

H
    2008 325i coupe
    Stock

Comment

well i have gone to other countries in the mid east. I love them but could never imagine living there.

Comment

omar, if you want i can transport the car from US to Dubai. PM me if interested.

Welcome on board.
        sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
        2006 Z4M - SOLD
        1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
        2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
        2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
        2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
        2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
        1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
        2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

welcome omar... you will like it here

Comment

Welcome aboard Omar :welcome2:
            Great to have you here !

Enjoy your stay with the BMW Club UAE family ! :D
            sigpic
            07' HFP Accord | Current
            HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

welcome to our forums :)

BMW history:
              07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Welcome here man, what are you studying over there?

Yea you will find a great gang of friends here from the first outing; guaranteed. Have you ever joined any drive/event with Bimmerforums and the like? Also, if you've got any links, pics, or videos from the drift event you talked about that'd be great...

Welcome here :)

Comment

:welcome2: Aboard Omar

Being a BMW enthusiast you have come to the right place, tell us more about yourself..

Moreover, could you tell us how did you know about this club

Looking forward to see you soon :hi:

Comment

Welcome omar!! glad to have you onboard!!!....the e30 is a fav amongst most of the members here :)

As Ssense asked, how did you get to know about this club? :)...
                    Current
                    E92 M3 - Mineral White
                    F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                    E36 318is
                    E39 540i ///M sport
                    VW CC
                    E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Actually i googled BMW Forums UAE (or dubai) and found the site. I also remember my close friends at IND-distribution telling me of a good site here.

I will be 24 in a couple of days. I study Business at NEIU in chicago.

I'm on most of the major bimmer sites in the states but i honestly only go on there for advice and answers. They are not local enough to go to their meets. I like to stick to local site because it makes it more of a tightly bound community of friends.

For some reason youtube and google video arent working on this computer.
                      Videos can be found on youtube by searching ClubFR drift day or DD## T2films has the best footage
                      Pictures can be seen at http://www.kaizophoto.com/ but there are alot pictures again they are the ones labeled ClubFR Drift Day

We have some great drivers and 3 of them got a pro license

Here are some shot of my car at USAIR. That huge sticker was an inside joke that some of my friends and I put on for that event.

And here are some of my friends.

p.s. Ayham i love the picturein your sig.

Any drift event out here?
                      Last edited by Omar; 24-12-2008, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I'll give you one more reason for you to come here, and this is the first time I go public with this;

I'm personally working on a proposal for a drift circuit that will host the Middle East's first championship of this nature. And I've got DIBS on your E30 if you bring her down here and thought about selling her.

My siggy is from our last HPDS session last Saturday. Check out the write up in the Home page.

Nice pics and you will have a rocking time with us here for sure!

Comment

Nice pictures we will be glad to have you in the club. Ayham that sounds good man...
                          sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                          2006 Z4M - SOLD
                          1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                          2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                          2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                          2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                          2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                          1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                          2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Thanks for posting the pics Omer, your car is beautiful :)

Its not a drift event that we have, its a High Performance Driving School for the BMW Club UAE members where you can get one-on-one instructing on properly-equipped BMWs. The HPDS is to run 7 classes, all held on Fridays, at the rate of twice a month at Al Ain Sportplex.

For more info, check this
                            http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/show...?t=183&page=10

Comment

Thats pretty awesome that your working on that. I figured if there was no drift events here i would just start the process myself. I know how it works to some extent because i staffed alot at our drift days when my car was down and the people that run the events are my friends. But since you got the ball rolling thats perfect.

The only problem i see with my car here is the stupid speed bumps on the main roads. There are 4 in the nieghborhood i live in in Al-Ain. I cant go over them unless i go 1 mph and at a huge angle. E30's have stupid low oil pans and i refuse to raise my car. haha.

SSense thanks alot for the info. Thats close to where i am now.

Comment

Working...
                              X