• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track Evening 19/11

.....Who's in?

http://www.dubaiautodrome.com/general/index.aspx

:kaboom:

Sorry I will give a bit of rest to my car... But will come anyway to have a look.
    sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
    2006 Z4M - SOLD
    1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
    2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
    2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
    2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
    2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
    1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
    2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

I'll come along, but i won't be putting the M3 through it's paces, it's all a bit scary for me! I'm happy to sit on the pit wall and watch you guys and i'll bring the camera to take a few shots...!
      theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
      Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
      Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
      Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

Comment

Eldest boy, you have to try at least once. it is a great fun, a bit scary i agree, but you get a lot of fun as much fun than drive a F430 to Dubai land ;-) Honnestly if you do it you will like it.
        sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
        2006 Z4M - SOLD
        2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

Sounds great, will also give you my camera then - it has good night shots

Comment

Originally posted by jeanloup View Post
            Eldest boy, you have to try at least once. it is a great fun, a bit scary i agree, but you get a lot of fun as much fun than drive a F430 to Dubai land ;-) Honnestly if you do it you will like it.
            You're right jeanloup, i think i would love it. I mean, i love driving my car to and from work so i'd love to get out and see what it can really do. When i came to a track night before everyone had such massive smiles on their faces when they'd finished.

Perhaps the first time i do it i'll pay the extra money and have the instructor come out with me (that's possible, right?). That'll give me some confidence and help me to get familiar with the track. Also, i first need to get my +ve SMG paddle fixed.

It's just that if you're not familiar with the noise, the speeds, the smell etc then it can be a little bit intimidating, but i guess everyone went through that at some stage? Also, i should remember that it's a well managed, controlled environment and from what i saw all the drivers are very respectful of each other while on the track.

I don't think it helped that the only night i have been there was the night that "one of our members had a disagreement with a concrete barrier" which shook me up a little.
            theeldestboy

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
              You're right jeanloup, i think i would love it. I mean, i love driving my car to and from work so i'd love to get out and see what it can really do. When i came to a track night before everyone had such massive smiles on their faces when they'd finished.

Perhaps the first time i do it i'll pay the extra money and have the instructor come out with me (that's possible, right?). That'll give me some confidence and help me to get familiar with the track. Also, i first need to get my +ve SMG paddle fixed.

It's just that if you're not familiar with the noise, the speeds, the smell etc then it can be a little bit intimidating, but i guess everyone went through that at some stage? Also, i should remember that it's a well managed, controlled environment and from what i saw all the drivers are very respectful of each other while on the track.

I don't think it helped that the only night i have been there was the night that "one of our members had a disagreement with a concrete barrier" which shook me up a little.

The first time I had the same feeling that you have. I m not a technician and I have no clue of smell and noise but still we own M series and they should do the job, that is why I decide to go.

First time you will have to be on the novice group, which is not bad. The first time I have been there I paid an extra 200 AED for a instructor and got the course, it was great and tips are really good.

Only thing is that you have to go the first time then the rest will come easy.

The Z4 who crashed pushed the car maybe too far, I believe as long as you drive carefully there are nothing to be worried about, but we all loose at least once the control of our car, but that is how we learned.
              sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
              2006 Z4M - SOLD
              2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

The first time I had the same feeling that you have. I m not a technician and I have no clue of smell and noise but still we own M series and they should do the job, that is why I decide to go.

First time you will have to be on the novice group, which is not bad. The first time I have been there I paid an extra 200 AED for a instructor and got the course, it was great and tips are really good.

Only thing is that you have to go the first time then the rest will come easy.

The Z4 who crashed pushed the car maybe too far, I believe as long as you drive carefully there are nothing to be worried about, but we all loose at least once the control of our car, but that is how we learned.
                Thanks jeanloup, your words are very encouraging and it has helped settle my nerves a lot. So would i need to book the instructor in advance (when i register) or do i just ask on the night? Also, would i need to do anything to my car either beforehand or afterwards - i mean, do i need to do checks to make sure the car is (a) safe to go on the track and then (b) safe to drive home afterwards?
                theeldestboy

Comment

:excited:

Think before you act.

Comment

too bad rental companies dont rent out M Powers...or do they?

Think before you act.

Comment

Originally posted by the eldest boy View Post
                      Thanks jeanloup, your words are very encouraging and it has helped settle my nerves a lot. So would i need to book the instructor in advance (when i register) or do i just ask on the night? Also, would i need to do anything to my car either beforehand or afterwards - i mean, do i need to do checks to make sure the car is (a) safe to go on the track and then (b) safe to drive home afterwards?
                      I do recommand you to check oil pressure and tyres but if you have done all the service it should not be a problem. What i do for all my bookings is to send a mail to Mary Jane (very nice lady) maryjanep@dubaiautodrome.com and request info for the next track night, ask her if there are still available place and ask her to book a instructor for you she will do the rest. take care.
                      sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                      2006 Z4M - SOLD
                      2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
                        too bad rental companies dont rent out M Powers...or do they?
                        Depends were you go, i m sure you can rent some, but i m not sure they will allow you on the track, at leat you will loose all insurance coverage.
                        sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                        2006 Z4M - SOLD
                        2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

Depends were you go, i m sure you can rent some, but i m not sure they will allow you on the track, at leat you will loose all insurance coverage.
                          so what about our insurance packages...do they also not cover "track" excursions? I know in some countries, as long as it is not a timed event, the insurance companies allow u to take ur car on the track...

Think before you act.

Comment

Here in Dubai they don't if you go on the track it will be at your own risk. But the Z4 who crashed last time was able to get a white police paper, don't ask me how but he still got it. But there are very possibilities to crash. As long as you enjoy yourself without passing the limits, nothing will happen as the track is quiet large...
                            sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                            2006 Z4M - SOLD
                            2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT

Comment

No need to call anyone boys. She sent me the instructions already since I registered online. Get yourself registered -this is "amateur night" and I also booked myself. I dont think anyone will be over-agressive on the track and everyone is there for a bit of fun - then to go home safe, not mauling the other drivers. Believe it or not, this will be my first time on the track too, so there you go......The only instruction was to come with a full tank of gas and correct tire pressures. I sent an attachment across, PDF file - anyone who is interested read it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X