Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The cheapest racing in the UAE (maybe anywhere)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cheapest racing in the UAE (maybe anywhere)

Hi guys,
    As most of you know I am racing this summer in the Suzuki Cup summer chanlleng and our season will end after two more rounds on the 16th and 23rd of Sep. The new season will start at the end of Oct. For the new season the Suzuki Swift Cup and getting new cars. They are 1.6L engines with motorsport transmmition all professionally built. These were all ex rally cars that have been modified with new suspension and other bits to make them into circuit racing cars.
    Driving the old 1.5L cars we were lacking power and you would feel it in practice or qualifying when you were alone on the circuit, but once the racing starts, it was wheel to wheel racing and was as exciting as anything else out there. The fact that all the cars were equal, we always had great battles and with the new faster cars the fun is going to be much more.
    Going back to topic, if any one wants to race in the UAE, you would need a very big budget. 1st the car would cost you 70k-150k for touring cars, 150k-250k for GT cars minimum, plus your running expenses. Entry fees for each round this season is 3200 aed alone, a set of tires is around 7500 aed plus you would need at least 3k-5k aed per round for a support team, plus fuel, plus transportation, plus all the wear and tear parts for your car.

If youu add all this up for 8 rounds you are looking at,
    Touring car championship (one set of tires per two rounds) 170k-300k
    GT Championship (a set of tires per round) 300k-450k

For the Suzuki Swift Cup, it is an arrive and drive series, meaning you only need to show up and drive. All the cars are prepared for you and you don't need to worry about anything but bringing your gear and racing. The championship will have 8 rounds with 2 races in each round, for a total of 16 races. If you sign up for the championship, it will cost you 72k aed only. That is 4500 per race. Almost as much as the entry fees per race for the touring and GT cars.

The only thing you are liable for on top of the 60k is damage. Before each round you have to leave a deposit of 15k. Fenders cost me 800 aed and small things are cheap, but if you do a lot of damage or if you roll the car or total it, you will not need to pay more than the 15k.

This is already long enough, if you have any questions please let me know. I will end this by adding two things. First, if you are new to racing, this is the best entry series around especially for the money. Second, if you don't have a racing license, that is easy to get. It would cost you 1200 aed for the test, and I would take a one to one tuition at YAS before that for another 1200.
    Last edited by alquazi; 14-09-2011, 01:34 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

We will see you there on FRiday night as we are doing the Track Night.

Good luck as well - I have watched some of the Racing and it defo is fun to watch - shame there are not more of you on the grid.
    1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
    2012 Camaro SS
    2007 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab: 6" lift,
    2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Thanks, but the race on the 9th has been pushed back to the 16th.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
      Schrick cams
      KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
        Thanks, but the race on the 9th has been pushed back to the 16th.
        Really! Oh, must have just happened cos the Agenda for the 9 Sep Track evening I got yesterday still has you guys racing.

So, its only AED1200 for a Race License - mmmmmmmmm, perhaps I should invest in one.
        1997 E36 M3 Evo: OMP bucket seats, Bilstein shocks & Eibach springs, Eisemann race rear muffler, 18"ASA AR1's, polybushed, short shifter,
        2012 Camaro SS
        2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Before I forget, do you have to pay the full AED60k upfront, or is it really "arrive, pay and drive" provising you have the Race License and proper FIA equipment?

Also, do you get the same car for every race?
          2012 Camaro SS
          2008 Mercedes SLK 350

Comment

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
            Really! Oh, must have just happened cos the Agenda for the 9 Sep Track evening I got yesterday still has you guys racing.

So, its only AED1200 for a Race License - mmmmmmmmm, perhaps I should invest in one.
            1200 is only for the test. Then you would need medical checkup and take that with test result to ATC and then you pay the anual fee which I think is 500.

Originally posted by yorky500 View Post
            Before I forget, do you have to pay the full AED60k upfront, or is it really "arrive, pay and drive" provising you have the Race License and proper FIA equipment?

Also, do you get the same car for every race?
            You can do one round based on availability. If you pay per round then it would be 9000 aed for those two races. If you sign up for the championship, then you would pay 30k aed before round one and 30k aed before round four in January 2012. By signing up for the season you end up paying 7500 aed per round.

In the beginning of the season there will be a draw to decide who gets which car.

Mods
            Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
            Schrick cams
            KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

That is indeed a great opportunity to start racing. I had a look into this when it first started here in the UAE, but still 60K is not a less amount of money and has to be earned as well..

I ll be doing this in a heartbeat only if i could get some sponsors :(
              sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
              Dubai Investment Park 2
              The Curve Building Complex
              Warehouse No.1
              P.O Box 28638
              Dubai, United Arab Emirates
              Office: +97148830851
              Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
              Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
              Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
              Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

Originally posted by simon*X View Post
                I ll be doing this in a heartbeat only if i could get some sponsors :(
                If it was easy to get sponsors, then everyone would be doing this. Get your brands to sponsor you :)

Mods
                Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                Schrick cams
                KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Just updated new prices in the first post. The reason for the increase is because they are going to upgrade the engines to 172 hp.

Mods
                  Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                  Schrick cams
                  KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Good luck.....lets get into rallies :D
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

great great great

PS: i want to get license, will contact you soon arbab

Comment

Working...
                      X