• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
    Bruno u're still a bastard!
    :hug3:
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by ///power View Post
      So the drift-only cars were for participants or for rent? Can we use them?

Can any one post a pic of the track layout? Are the going to hold another one any soon?

Gotta prepare for it and I must know whether my m3 will do or I should take the next step and get a "drift car"
      Road cars, any road car, will not do well on that layout. The chicanes are way too close to each other and the entrance speed is way too high. Weight is what killed us tbh.

You wanna play well you need a proper car, other wise it's a waste of time and tyres :(

P.S: Eyad, Ramy Tolba, Rami, Ehssan, Springs and Shkater: THANK YOU guys for the help in changing the tires! Couldn't hav done it without you.

Comment

AK Did very well in my opinion as its his first tym on a proper track, same goes to Ayham i Believe Its hard to Drift an E46 M3 On Such Tracks this way although u guys managed to do it. very well done.
        Was Fun Actually gathering with the guys, Thanks to everyone who made it :) ..
        PS: What we did was nothing :) Thank you too.
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Even though I never post (but only reading) just some pointers in order to try and help you guys.
          Ayham remember that the first thing I told you when you you approached me for pointers was that the smg is very very difficult to drift the proper way in a proper tack cause of the gearbox. You need to throw the car in the beginning (break rear traction) and then continue with power sliding and switching from one corner to the other on the chicanes by weight transferring using the brakes. Something like trying to do Scandinavian flick on a front wheel drive car.

Nevertheless you tried. And by trying you always learn and progress on your self technique. It would be much much easier if you owned a manual E46. The diff and LSD on the manual is way better for this things...
          The problem you had was understeer. You need to play a bit with the setup of the car since you cannot use either the handbrake or downshift and lock the diff in order to brake rear traction. So what was happening was that the rear had grip and was pushing the front to go out....

Another pointer. From all the cars the only car that is was imported from japan as high end spec car was Achmed Al Omeiris car. He drives it almost every day and know the car insideout to.

All the rest (not all, but about 85% off them are bought from Sharjah, RAK, etc) are either only striped with good suspension and set up kit like the yellow skyline GTS 33 and standart RB25 engine or made here in UAE in local shops. Most of the drivers have been coming in SSK events and we tried to give them some pointers on know how, and then by practicing on the events or on their own time somewhere (jebel ali, umq or al ain skid pads) they become better and better. I think on that night the most powerfull car was around 550 HP or so.

Guys, just remember... You dont need a million horse power to drift. All you need is set up and improve your techniques. All the other will slowly follow.

Sorry for the long post

Regards
          Alex
          Last edited by Hannibal; 28-08-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Much appreciated Alex, and thanks for following up here. Couldn't catch up with you on the venue.

First run destroyed because of understeer, true. We dropped the pressure by 8 psi upfront and it improved. Tyres were shot too.

Anyway, first circuit drifting for both and we wanted to know where the weak spots are. Bloody SMG was the biggest of the lot. Suspension too. But we will work on another car, the E46 is too expensive to drift. Oh, the handbrake works brilliantly (///power you were correct).

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
              Even though I never post (but only reading) just some pointers in order to try and help you guys.
              Ayham remember that the first thing I told you when you you approached me for pointers was that the smg is very very difficult to drift the proper way in a proper tack cause of the gearbox. You need to throw the car in the beginning (break rear traction) and then continue with power sliding and switching from one corner to the other on the chicanes by weight transferring using the brakes. Something like trying to do Scandinavian flick on a front wheel drive car.

Nevertheless you tried. And by trying you always learn and progress on your self technique. It would be much much easier if you owned a manual E46. The diff and LSD on the manual is way better for this things...
              The problem you had was understeer. You need to play a bit with the setup of the car since you cannot use either the handbrake or downshift and lock the diff in order to brake rear traction. So what was happening was that the rear had grip and was pushing the front to go out....

Another pointer. From all the cars the only car that is was imported from japan as high end spec car was Achmed Al Omeiris car. He drives it almost every day and know the car insideout to.

All the rest (not all, but about 85% off them are bought from Sharjah, RAK, etc) are either only striped with good suspension and set up kit like the yellow skyline GTS 33 and standart RB25 engine or made here in UAE in local shops. Most of the drivers have been coming in SSK events and we tried to give them some pointers on know how, and then by practicing on the events or on their own time somewhere (jebel ali, umq or al ain skid pads) they become better and better. I think on that night the most powerfull car was around 550 HP or so.

Guys, just remember... You dont need a million horse power to drift. All you need is set up and improve your techniques. All the other will slowly follow.

Sorry for the long post

Regards
              Alex
              Alex, thanks for the insight.

It would be really great if you guys tell us about the SSK events

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Much appreciated Alex, and thanks for following up here. Couldn't catch up with you on the venue.

First run destroyed because of understeer, true. We dropped the pressure by 8 psi upfront and it improved. Tyres were shot too.

Anyway, first circuit drifting for both and we wanted to know where the weak spots are. Bloody SMG was the biggest of the lot. Suspension too. But we will work on another car, the E46 is too expensive to drift. Oh, the handbrake works brilliantly (///power you were correct).
              Yeah Ayham, but I still wounder why isn't it working in my M5. It might be because the clutch is not pressed while pulling the handbrake!

I wish I could have joined you and meet the guys. Well, I hope I make it next time!
              '13 F10 ///M5 6MT Alpine White
              '06 E63 ///M6 SMG Silverstone
              '95 E36 2JZ Swap Gray - Drift
              '92 E36 325i Black
              History:
              '08 E92 ///M3 6MT Silverstone
              '06 E60 ///M5 SMG Alpine White
              '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg
              '98 E36 ///M3 Estoril Blue

Comment

Sorry for the long post

Regards
                Alex
                Alex is right...

also to make do with the understeer issue...you probably had to do extreme weight transfer....

as you head towards the left corner....start turning right to shift the weight to the left of the car...to compress the left suspension...then check the wheel to the left....this will unload the left suspension causing the weight to shift ALL the way to the right.....but you should be careful not to keep the steering wheel still pointing to the left as even when the rear comes out...it will eventually understeer if you kept the steering pointing left just a bit longer

you would want to just chuck the steering wheel to the left and anticipate so you can get ready to counter steer as the rear comes out.

Drifting on track Requires more of weight shifting technique which includes Foot braking drifts during entrys.

Comment

And the easiest way to do that is to just push it to the limit. Meaning by late breaking to transfer the weight to the front which will reduce the grip in the rear... but gotta deal with the understeer issue first!

By the way Ayam, what is the approximate speed when you guys say "Hi speeds required"?
                  '92 E36 325i Black
                  History:
                  '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg

Comment

My suggestion, for the moment leave aside the high speed entry to drift and work on technique.... :drivinginstructor:

One video of a 500HP car with medium drift set up.... And driver who has progressed a lot for the past one year.

[YOUTUBE]VYLh4CB9yBc[/YOUTUBE]
                    Last edited by Hannibal; 29-08-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

That car was a joy to watch.

Comment

My suggestion, for the moment leave aside the high speed entry to drift and work on technique.... :drivinginstructor:

One video of a 500HP car with medium drift set up.... And driver who has progressed a lot for the past one year.

[YOUTUBE]VYLh4CB9yBc[/YOUTUBE]
                        By faaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the best drifter that night!!
                        sigpic

Simon Motorsport L.L.C
                        Dubai Investment Park 2
                        The Curve Building Complex
                        Warehouse No.1
                        P.O Box 28638
                        Dubai, United Arab Emirates
                        Office: +97148830851
                        Web: www.simonmotorsport.com
                        Email: Franz@simonmotorsport.com
                        Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/simonmotorsportdxb
                        Instagram: http://instagram.com/simon_motorsport_dubai#

Comment

A.K and Ayham, you guys did a good job drifting on a track for the first time! The event was great overall . I'll try to post the pics asap
                          sigpic
                          BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Ok so the course is some of the same section as FD. Hi HP is needed to link these straights otherwise drifting the whole course will not be linked.

Thanks for sharing the vid.
                            '92 E36 325i Black
                            History:
                            '02 E46 ///M3 6MT TiAg

Comment

That guy was good!! ...
                              true..for the straights you would need more power to prolong the drifts until the next clipping point..

anyone knows who the guy is?..

Nvm ...got it in the title
                              Last edited by Arnie; 29-08-2011, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ///power View Post
                                Ok so the course is some of the same section as FD. Hi HP is needed to link these straights otherwise drifting the whole course will not be linked.
                                ///power
                                I don't know you and sorry if I will sound a bit harsh but it is not my intention (English is not my mother language).
                                What you have noticed has a reality in it but there is no way to link the rear straight between the hairpin and the left hander in single side drift unless you are a pro and your car is top of the tops. And still it will be difficult. In order to link those two corners you will need to do 2 or 3 switches (depenting on your skills and car).

It is better to focus on the rest of the corners using drift techniques and not only power sliding and not how to link the difficult part for drifting on that configuration.

Regards
                                Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X