Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track Fun & Practice - Round 4 - 19/02/2010

Good Evening Everyone, :)

It gives me a great pleasure to be announcing Round 4 of Track Fun & Practice after this long pause and I'm specially delighted because this events is the first step into a new era of great deals and a fulfilling relationship between Evolve Club, Renault Sport Club UAE & Dubai Autodrome

As I believe you have guessed this event is brought to you as a joint venture between Evolve Club & Renault Sport Club UAE & it will take place on the Oval Circuit of Dubai Autodrome. (Yes we are talking about sticky & clean tarmac) :mrgreen:

The event will be held on Friday the 19th of February 2010, It will host 4 hours of extreme driving fun & a very challenging layout which is another masterpiece of Akram Malas

Believe it or not, it will only cost you as low as AED 295/- per driver. :dance:

The following are the rules and regulations of this event:

Drivers & Cars Eligibility:

Drivers need to be holding a current valid driving License & they must present the driving license for checking at the signing-on for the event.
    All drivers need to have safety helmet to be abel to join, any safety helmet will be accepted. (Sharing a helmet is allowed but you need to notify us prior to the event)
    A properly running car with a working seatbelt. (Cars can be shared but you need to notify us prior to the event)
    Helmets & Cars will be checked prior accepting the entry.

The event registration fee will be AED 295/- for the event and it will include the entry fee of the event, lunch & cold drinks.
    The organizers reserve the right to number cars in order to achieve the correct grouping for the event.
    The organizers reserve the right to refuse registrations or impose any conditions upon registration at their absolute discretion.

Event Entry Procedure:

All drivers are responsible for submitting, emailling or smsing the completed registration/entry details for the event prior to the entry closing date and time which will be on Thursday the 18th February 2010 at 12:00pm

Required Registration Details:

Name:
    Car Type & Model:
    D. O. B.:
    Mobile Number:
    E-mail:

Organizers Contact Details:

On the forum: Nick Name “Blue”
    On e-mail: Weaam.abdou@hotmail.com
    On Mob: 050/4220094

Cash payment must be made in advance to secure your registration, no registration will be confirmed unless paid in advance. (First Come First served basis), please contact me on 050/4220094 to deposit the cash.

The organizers will accept up to 30 entries for the event.

Briefing:

Briefing is mandatory, all drivers must attend the briefing to be abel to participate.

Event Format:

The event will consist of two combined tests, An AutoTEST & AutoSPRINT, It will start with a tight course and open up to a wide fast course or vise versa.

Each driver will normally be be given 5 runs, if under any reason an extra time has been secured, each driver will be entitled for and extra run in the grouping order until the time is out.

This is not a competition, neither its a race and we do not support or promote competition.

For performance monitoring reason this event will be timed using a stop watch and the time will be communicated to driver Only to avoid promoting competition.

Drivers will be split into groups and convoyed between them, failure to report at the start line at due time will result in canceling the run.

The event will run on a specific time schedule which will be announced in the Final Instructions, all drivers must report at the due time for Registration, Safety Scrutineering and Briefing in order for the driver to enjoy the event.

Should the need arise to stop any run it will be at the discretion of the Clerk of the Course, if any driver is to be allowed another run or awarded a Did Not Finish (DNF) this too will be the decision of the Clerk of the Course.

The run will future a Stop Box at the end of it, please make sure to stop in it to avoid been penalized.

Drivers should have their helmets & seatbelts on as long as they are on the track, This rule goes on any passenger accompanying the driver in his runs.

Expert drivers to accompany each driver in their first run is a must for beginners. (The expert/s will observe your driving skills around the track, notify you of your mistakes & show you some new skills that will help you control the car better & will make you go around the track faster)

Penalties:

As this is considered as an introduction to Autocross we will use the same penalizing system to prepare you for further competitions.

Each cone hit - 2 seconds added to the time of the run.
    Five cones or more - Did Not Finish (DNF)
    Not following the correct course - Did Not Finish (DNF)
    Failure to complete the course - Did Not Finish (DNF)
    Failure to report in due time - Did Not Start (DNS)
    Failure to follow marshals/official instructions - Did Not Finish (DNF) or exclusion from the event at the discretion of the Clerk of the Course
    Failure to stop in the stop box - Did Not Finish (DNF)

Parking & Holding Area Safety

No smoking is allowed on the circuit.

Drivers must comply with Dubai Autodrome and the Organizers safety regulation all the time.

A speed limit will be applied on the circuit roadways, all areas outside the run course & the parking. the speed limit is 10kph and it must be respected at all times.

If you have any clarifications, please don't hesitate to post it here or to contact me on the above mentioned details

Looking forward to seeing you all having fun over there.

Cheers
    Weaam

Ouch! The event is on the same date as the Hajar Mountain drive bro :( WHY???????

Let me see what we can do about it....I would love to be racing against the guys again, and so do many of the members here.

Comment

It's on the same weekend as round 5 of the Chevrolet Supercars Championship which will be supporting the Australian V8 Championship.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
      Schrick cams
      Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
      Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
      KW Coilovers V3
      WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Ahhh…What a luck…it was hard to get a booking on DA and we only managed this date.

But it will be a great day, you can either enjoy a drive, enjoy your car on the track or watch an astonishing race…it all good

Anyways…for whoever is interested in this

Two more free spaces are available only…if you are still thinking then “Hurry up!!”…This event will be unforgettable.

Any drivers, who will register after the full list will be kept on the waiting list, please note that we need your full details to consider your registration.

To all registered Drivers, please remember that you need to deposit the payment in advance to secure your position, Kindly try to deposit it before the 12th February 2010 as after that date we will start accepting payments from the drivers on the waiting list.

To all confirmed drivers, Thank you for your payments, if under any circumstances you are not able to attend or you need to cancel, Please notify us prior to the registration closing time & date as the list of drivers & their payments will be forwarded to DA after that.

The Following are the up-to-date Lists

Registered Drivers:

1. Steve Coates - Subaru WRX Impreza
        2. Dice Montano - Honda Civic 97
        3. Laurie - Mazda MX5 2008
        4. Nabeel Al-Shaibani - IS300 Lexus
        5. Wissam Hatim - Gti MKV 2009
        6. Ali Al-Khalili - Honda Civic Type R EP3
        7. Naji Almusabi - Evo IX 2006
        8. Mazin Al-Shaibani - Evo 6 RS
        9. Samer Al Saleh - 2008 Infiniti G37S
        10. Khaled Almansouri - Evo X 2009
        11. Ammar Rayess- Evo X 2009
        12. Name: Zaher Alshaqsi - WRXSTI 2004
        13. Meeth Nihan - Honda S2000 2003
        14. Hany Boulos - Nissan 350z
        15. Lotfi Aichour - Nisaan 350z
        16. Houssam Khoury - Megane RS
        17. Samer Khadra - Clio Williams
        18. Murtaza - Chevrolet CSV CR8 2009
        19. Hussain Bajwa - Nissan - 350z 2004
        20. Peter Mitchell - BMW M Roadster

Confirmed Drivers:

1. Steven James - Evo 6 **
        2. Omar Sammour - Nissan 350z 2006 *
        3. Basil Daham - Clio V6
        4. Ahmed Nazzal - Clio R27 2009
        5. Jonathan Mullan - Lancia Delta Evo VIII
        6. Yousef Al Ali - Evolution X 2009
        7. Ayman El Hoss - Clio 197 **
        8. Arun Avamil - Clio 197

Kindly don’t hesitate to contact me for any further clarifications.

Best regards
        Weaam
        On the forum: Nick Name “Blue”
        On e-mail: Weaam.abdou@hotmail.com
        On Mob: 050/4220094

Comment

That's an impressive list!! Brings me back to the old days.....Wish I could make it.

P.S: Ammar bought a new EVO X?? ;)

Comment

ahmed nazzal is a dedicated driver now?? :rofl: hats off to this guy

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              That's an impressive list!! Brings me back to the old days.....Wish I could make it.

P.S: Ammar bought a new EVO X?? ;)
              Yep...he stepped to the dark side :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                ahmed nazzal is a dedicated driver now?? :rofl: hats off to this guy
                Yes he is…this guy is on a mission and he is improving rapidly

Comment

Hey Guys,

We just finalized the layout today and let me tell you...its going to be Awesome

Not only for drivers but for spectators too so get you families and friends with you

Cheers
                  Weaam

Comment

Alright boys,

Here is the layout, I know it looks like chicken steps but this is what I could do with my artwork capabilities.

Enjoy 8)

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Man all the best to everybody....share some pics when they're out please :)

Comment

^^^sure...we will miss you there :)

Day Schedule

11:00am Registration Open
                        12:15pm Registration Closed (Sharp, No entries will be accepted after this point)
                        12:16pm Scrutineering
                        12:30pm Briefing (All drivers must attend)
                        12:45pm Walking the Track & Familiarization Laps
                        01:00pm Track is Open
                        02:00pm Lunch will be served (Out side the track only)
                        05:00pm Track is Closed
                        05:15pm Organizers “Thank You” Massage
                        05:30pm Area is Closed
                        06:00pm Meet & Watch Yas V8 400 Race (Location to be announced on a later stage)

Comment

Working...
                        X