Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Information needed for circuitracing in UAE

Helllo all,

In about a month I will be moving to the UAE and I'm a big racing fan. In Holland where I currently live, I've done a lot of (amature) circuitracing and I want to continue this in the UAE.

Because of me not knowing too much of the UAE I was wondering if you could answer a few of my questions?

- Which organizations organise circuitraces and on what tracks? An more importantly how do I apply?

- Are there any regulations for joining a race? Such as safety equipement or any other things?

- Do they use any sort of timing systems on the circuits in the UAE, if so which ones are commonly used?

- What do I have to buy to make use of these timing systems and is there a possibility to check my results online?

Well guys I hope to get some information from you, and will be happy to show you my tail when I meet you on the circuits!:laughhard:

i dont know much about this but i guess the only racetrack u can use her is The Autodrome and the organiser is the Autodrome administration itself. Autodrome organise track days/evenings here every now and then but they charge pretty well =D. The guys can give u more information..
    sigpic
    BMW Sets standards on sports cars, others follow.

Comment

Visit the website: www.dubaiautodrome.com

Comment

track days/evenings are not for competition & are not timed..

for more info on competitive racing (red line challenge, sprint challenge etc..) i'd wait to get a response from Ayham, Nabil, Bashar & Bruno :D

there's also our own High Performance Driving School (HPDS) check out the relevant section & let us know what you think about it ;)

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Hey Herb..as said, Autodrome has had it sweet so far without competitors. They organize track days and 2 championships; UAE TCC and UAE GT with a fair amount of exotics. They charge two arms and a leg, but racing isn't cheap anuyway. And ur timing couldn't have been better, Abu Dhabi FIA circuit YAS Island is now online with good signs of embracing drivers in the UAE. We'll see how it unfolds to be buddy.

What cars have you raced? Do you do karting?
          Last edited by Ayham; 28-10-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

I've contacted the autodrome, but the mentioned TCC and GT are a bid over my budget, and since I like the use of my arms and leg, I'll have to pass. :D
            In Holland (and the rest of europe as well) there were lower budget racing available, and they did timing everywhere, I even could check out all of my performances online, from every training and race that I drove.

@Ayham I drove in a ibiza cupra 2006 and in an old BMW E30.

What timing systems are used on the Jebel Ali track and the one in Al Quaim?
            Last edited by Herbie86; 28-10-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Herbie86 post pics, or it never happened!

:wired:

Comment

Haha what ever you want Bruno, but I'm doing this from out of my workoffice, so no pics here sorry.

Comment

Working...
                X