Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think about this for the track?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you guys think about this for the track?

332Ti - Boston Green over Tan Cloth Interior, E36 M3 S52 Engine Swap, OBD I Conversion, M50 Intake Manifold, PTG Headers with Tri-Flow Stainless Steel Exhaust, UUC Lightweight Flywheel + Performance Clutch, UUC Short Shift Kit, Cold Air Intake with Heat Shield, Performance Chip, High Flow Water Pump, Automatic Electronic Spal Fan, Brembo Gran Turismo Big Brake Kit, H&R Springs with Bilstein Shocks, Racing Dynamics Front Strut Tower Brace and Front Adjustable Sway Bar, Wheel Studs, Kosei K1 Lightweight Wheels, Rieger GTR Carbon Splitter, Power Sliding Moonroof, In Dash Compact Disc Player, M3 Instrument Cluster, Factory Keyless Entry, Smoked Euro Lenses, M3 Style Mirrors, Blacked out Grilles, Carbon Fiber DTM Style Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler, Track Style Tow Hook. This car is not for the faint of Heart! This car is very fast and handles exceptionally well! This car is very tight and very well built; the engine conversion was recently performed by Azevedo Motorsport. The Chassis has approximately 120,000 miles on it and the motor has just over 31,000 miles.

or this?

Chassis of E30 has Never been in an impact since new (1988). Car was converted to a club racer in 2000. Only raced in 4 events in total, car was mostly used for instructing at BMW Club Schools. Very fresh chassis + engine. Car is fast for KP class, won class 7 of 10 races, 2005 KP class Canadian Champion. Car can also be easily converted to Spec E30 Series if desired.

Best Times: Mosport Sept. 2005. 1:38.593 on Toyo RA1 tires
    Mont Tremblant Aug. 2005. 1:58.849 on Toyo RA1 tires
    Trailer: Black, twin axle, with drop axles + removable fender, new in 2001, made by Miska Trailers, paid $3500 new.

Description of Modifications:

Suspension / Drivetrain:
    -4:10 E30 M3 limited slip diff with fined aluminum diff cover cooler
    -VAC polyurethane bushings for rear subframe and control arms
    -Ground Control front adjustable camber plates
    -Ground Control coil over kit with Bilstein struts and Eibach springs
    -new clutch with new transmission seals replaced in 2006
    -short shifter kit
    -Suspension Techniques F/R sway bars with adjustable rear bar
    Brakes:
    -Carbotech F/R pads
    -stainless steel lines
    -Motul fluid

Engine:
    -M20 engine balanced + blue printed full race rebuild
    -oil pan baffle
    -piston set with .020 overbore
    -Cat cam
    -titanium retainers
    -larger throttle body
    -Nology Hot wires
    -air flow meter modified
    -Turner chip

Body/Interior:
    -O`Brien Motorsports roll cage with driver side reinforced Nascar style door bar
    -adjustable alloy rear spoiler
    -BMW M Tech fiberglass front and rear bumpers
    -painted by Maaco in 2000 with patch welded over sunroof opening
    -Sparco seats driver/passenger
    -Leaf race belts
    -Steward Warner tach
    -Momo steering wheel with VAC quick release hub

Wheels/Tires:
    -8 x 15’ x 7.5’ ACT aluminum wheels
    -4 x Hoosier dry tires 225/45/15, 60% remaining tread
    -4 x Toyo RA1 wet/dry tires 225/50/15, 85% remaining tread
    -4 x Toyo RA1 dry tires 225/50/15, 30% remaining tread
    Last edited by Nabil; 07-06-2008, 08:24 PM.
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

i didn't read ur post fully but the E30 looks hotter :evil:

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

performance is what im looking for though
      Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

go with the e30.... :)
        ________
        Bbw Movies
        Last edited by Wazif; 18-04-2011, 07:34 AM.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

e30 is hot! the color and mods matches my description ahhaha
          Nissan Cefiro A31

Comment

e30 FTW!
            btw how much will it cost you to build an e30 locally?

Comment

i loved the E30 !!!
              Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
              Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
              Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
              Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
              1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
              Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
              eMail:
              Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Man go 4 the e30 its nice and fast :)

2008 E92 335i Space Grey / Coral Red
                Mods: Front Aero Lip | Hartge Rear Spoiler | JB+ Performance Chip | AA bov | AA full exhaust system | Air Scoops

www.moenajati.com

Comment

The E30 with the M20 engine is more of a "momentum" car...I personally don't like that engine much, thank God for the M50 series!! The Compact can prove to be the dog of the party easily, if you could tame one that is.. (I know!!)

It costs anywhere from 40K to 80K to build a race spec E30 locally, depending on the engine swap and the suspension/brakes used. That's still a bargain, go down to any race series here and ask around for their costs :)

Comment

I adore E30's, they are sweet ! And so is the Red one.
                    BUT
                    If performance is what youre looking for, then it's S52 power you'll need !
                    It's got the whole kit to go on the track.

The E30, has the drop dead looks of a Devil on wheels ! But, the M20 isn't much of a track engine, it's more of a FI street car project. Not built for track use, even though it's been blue printed and balanced. It's just not an S52.

The advantages :
                    The E36 has all the racing kit you'll ned, except the roll cage.

The E30 has all the things you need except the proper engine.

It's upto you, if youre thinking of spending money on the E30, then get it and stuff a Motorsport engine in it.
                    But, on the other hand, you'll need a full cage for the E36.
                    Hope this helps !
                    And one more thing, is the S52 an American spec (M50 manifold??:dunno:) ?
                    Last edited by SewerSideUp; 09-06-2008, 04:44 PM. Reason: Typo
                    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

He already said it's got an OBD I conversion, so it's a US-spec...

Comment

I always mix up with Euro vs. US.

If individual thottle bodies is the way to go !

Guess I'd go for the E30 if a good engine is available.
                        a
                        If not, then get the Euro spec intake manifold and a cage for the compact.
                        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

It's more than the ITBs....Besides, these need a custom chip tuning + different MAF if am not wrong.

Comment

Euro VS. U.S. , I think youre right.
                            Then he'd need a whole intake/electrical system off a OBDI Euro spec engine. Wich isn't exactly the easiest to find. And not to forget the entire head, U.S. spec engines come with the standard M50 heads.
                            Last edited by SewerSideUp; 09-06-2008, 11:20 PM.

Comment

The KP (K Prepared) cars are slower than an IS (I Stock) car. In this case, this car is slower than a relatively mild modded US Spec E36 M3. Spend a bit more and get an I Prepared (IP) car. E36 with the US spec motor with cams, intake, headers puttind down 275whp weighing in at 2750lbs. ROCKET!!

Comment

Working...
                              X