NO MORE F-1 RACE IN MONTREAL CANADA :( *********

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO MORE F-1 RACE IN MONTREAL CANADA :( *********

I get the news from my sister in Montreal that the Formula-1 Race will no longer be held in Montreal Canada!

Thats horrible!!! I'm sure there are other Canadians fellows on this forum who will hate this news as much as i did!!!

Read this:
    "As we were remembering and celebrating the first Formula One victory of Gilles Villeneuve 30 years ago this week, a bombshell hit the organization led by Normand Legault.

Bernie Ecclestone unveiled a version of the 2009 calendar this week and the Canadian Grand Prix is not on the list. The 2009 calendar was supposed to contain a total of 19 races but is now only showing 18. The Canadian Grand Prix is nowhere to be found on the list.

In reaction to this fact yesterday, Normand Legault, the only remaining private Formula One race promoter, announced that he and his company (Grand Prix du Canada) are retiring themselves and will not negotiate for any future Formula One Grand Prix to be held in Montreal. The amount of money asked by Bernie Ecclestone to run again in Montreal is too much for Legault and his company. In a word, the Canadian Grand Prix is officially dead.

The only way that another Formula One race could be held on the Gilles Villeneuve circuit is through a negotiation with the Canadian government. This is the way that the other Grand Prix are negotiated right now and there is no alternate way to negotiate with the ''money-hungry'' Ecclestone.

There is a waiting list coming from all around the globe to organize an event to replace Montreal, and Ecclestone knows it too well. He will ignore the fact that the majority of the pilots and crew chiefs appreciate the city and the event itself for him to earn even more money.

As they say, there are no feelings in business".

Taken from: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...ian-grand-prix
    sigpic
    Audi R8 - White / Blk
    Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Good news is that it will be in ADH instead, an hour away ;)
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Old and bad news... But the Canadian government is going to fight it to keep the race in Montreal.

Montreal used to be 3 hours away from me when I was in living in Canada, and I still didn't go, but I did go to Bahrain for their first race there... so an hour away doesn't make any closure :)
      ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

For u it doesnt! for me it does!

I was there in Bahrain the first time it happened as well! and I will be in ADH when it comes here ;)

ultimate goal is to watch it in Monza!
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
          Old and bad news... But the Canadian government is going to fight it to keep the race in Montreal.

Montreal used to be 3 hours away from me when I was in living in Canada, and I still didn't go, but I did go to Bahrain for their first race there... so an hour away doesn't make any closure :)

There are no comparisons between the F1 race/weekend in Montreal and the one in Bahrain! sorry! ;)
          sigpic
          Audi R8 - White / Blk
          Jeep SRT/8 - Blk / Blk

Comment

True, but those (bahrain - UAE) are more to happen for ME than flyin to Canada!
            Meskovic

Comment

Since I never went to Montreal and I know Ill never go there, I think Abu Dhabi will be the place for me to watch the F-1 for the first time Live :D

Comment

Originally posted by LSB_M3 View Post
                There are no comparisons between the F1 race/weekend in Montreal and the one in Bahrain! sorry! ;)
                I know... I just never had the time or chance to go the race in Montreal

@Nabil: I would love to see the race at Monza, Spa and Suzuka
                ...petrolhead

Comment

i don't like F1 anymore, rallye FTMFW!

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

blame canada, blame canada.

:D

Comment

I went to the Canada F1 race and it was SPECTACULAR!!!

They blocked off several streets and placed cars in them according to make... there was the Ferrari Street, BMW Street, Porsche Street, Lambos not so much and then there were all other cars... It really was something special! they even had a classic V12 race to kick start the F1

I miss those days but look forward to ADH... can't wait :yippi:
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Any idea what that greedy ol' bastard is asking for? I know he takes away like 80% of any F1 race revenue....

Bollocks :thumbsdown:

Comment

Another sad story... France GP canceled:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/7672931.stm

This credit crisis is affecting everyone and everything... Damn

Comment

France GP has always been an issue, it was cancelled last year, but they brought it back just in time, same thing with Belgian GP, its Top 3 favourite track amongst all drivers (of all forms of racing) and it was cancelled for a year and then brought back... Bernie just wants more money and the Asian and Middle East markets are willing to pay big money just to have the F1 circus come to their towns
                            ...petrolhead

Comment

Red Bull F1 Car On Frozen Lake

The video is all about Canada returning to the F1 schedule with the Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal. The Red Bull race car hit the frozen Olympic Basin and interrupts an ice-hockey game!

Footage of a powersliding Red Bull F1 car in the hands of former Toro Rosso driver Sebastien Buemi:

[YOUTUBE]_KG-2vfK0nk[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                              X