Trulli fined for practice u-turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trulli fined for practice u-turn

Toyota’s Jarno Trulli has been reprimanded and fined 10,000 euros by Singapore Grand Prix stewards for driving the wrong way around the circuit during Friday evening’s opening practice session.

Trulli spun coming out of the final corner. Rather than continuing down the start-finish straight, the Italian then drove a short distance in the wrong direction in order to access the pit lane, illegally crossing the white line at the pit entry in the process.

Stewards decided he had breached of Article 30.2 of the 2008 FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations, and Appendix L Chapter 4 Article 4d of the International Sporting Code.

The former states “drivers are strictly forbidden to drive their car in the opposite direction to the race unless this is absolutely necessary in order to move the car from a dangerous position,” while the latter says “except in cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the Stewards of the meeting), the crossing, in any direction, of the line separating the deceleration zone and the track is prohibited.”
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

10k Euros is like a 5 min salary for an F1 driver :tongue:

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

He Truly deserves, cant he simply follow the rules :D

Comment

Working...
      X