X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Beautiful game meets Motorsport

Introducing the Superleague Formula:

What is SF
    Superleague Formula is the fusion of the two of the world’s most popular sports – capturing the passion of football with the thrill and excitement of motor racing.
    The new concept kicks off in August 2008 with a field of V12-powered 750 horsepower single seater racecars bearing the colours of the world’s leading football teams.
    Traditional rivals on the pitch will do battle at some of the world’s greatest racetracks. This is more than just a race, Superleague Formula will provide a spectacular entertainment package for all the family at each event.

Race Format
    SF’s race format incorporates a Saturday qualification and two Sunday races – the main focal points in a packed programme.
    For each round, the clubs battle for a weekend purse of more than 1 million euros in prize money, and points are awarded (and prize money allocated) on a scale from first to last (1-20).
    Each race team/football club accumulates points, and the Superleague Formula Champions will be the Team with most points at the end of the season.

Qualifying on Saturday
    A drawing to form 2 groups of 10 cars each for separate individual 15 minute qualifying sessions.
    The 4 fastest cars of each session (A and B) qualify to final round. the remaining cars will form the grid from 9th place onwards in time recorded in their respective Qualifying session.
    The 8 finalists compete in a time attack format. They will queue in pit lane and the first 2 cars will be sent off as a pair. A pre-determined gap will be maintained on the warm-up lap - close enough to entertain the crowds, far away enough so the following car is not impacted by aerodynamic factor. First car will be released one behind the other and they must mantain that formation/position until they pass the start finish line for 1 flying/timed lap.
    The cars will complete a single flying lap, the fastest of the pair going on to race in the semi final. This is repeated three more times with 4 cars qualifying for the semi final.
    Two semi-final shoot-outs then take place to decide the the final 2 cars who will then do battle for pole position.
    No refueling or tyre changing can take place during the session.

Quarter final:
    The fastest car in Session A will compete for 8th grid position against the slowest car from Session B. The winner goes forward to the semi-final. The 4th fastest from A goes against the fastest from B and so on...

Sunday Race
    First race (45’) as per qualifying on Saturday
    Second race (45’) with “complete reverse grid”

SF Championship points:
    Points for the Superleague Formula championship are scored in both races each Sunday. There are points available for every position in the field with 50 up for grabs for a race win.

SF Races
    Superleague Formula’s inaugural race season visits the following six major circuits across Europe, from August – November 2008.

R1 Donington Park, United Kingdom - August 30/31, 2008
    R2 Nürburgring, Germany - September 20/21, 2008
    R3 Zolder, Belgium - October 4/5, 2008
    R4 Estoril, Portugal - October 18/19, 2008
    R5 Vallelunga, Italy - November 1/2, 2008
    R6 Jerez, Spain - November 22/23, 2008

SF Clubs

more info @ Superleage Formula Website

Abu Dhabi Sports TV channel was showing this live today (I caught a bit of the race)... Looks interesting
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

looks interesting!

Football style + Time attack :drool:
    Meskovic
    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Al Ain

AC Milan

AS Roma

RSC Anderlecht

Borussia Dortmund

Meskovic
      this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

damn I never knew such things even exist!

cool ;)

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Beijing Guoan FC

FC Basel

Corinthians

FC Porto

Meskovic

Comment

Flamengo

Galatasaray

Liverpool FC

Olympiacos

Meskovic

Comment

PSV Eindhoven

Rangers FC

Sevilla FC

Tottenham Hotspur

:woot:
              Meskovic

Comment

Damn these cars are WICKED!!!
                sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Ok, a great way to educate me about Football !

I speak CAR ! Now, I should be able to understand Football !
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Awesome ! FC Barca is my fav :)
                    I didnt know Alain also had an SF Racing team, wish them Good Luck

Comment

FC Barcelona isn't in it... yet, they share the similar colours as FC Basel (Swiss based team)
                      ...petrolhead

Comment

Originally posted by petrolhead View Post
                        FC Barcelona isn't in it... yet, they share the similar colours as FC Basel (Swiss based team)
                        Alright then since no FC Barca, ill go with the Alain SF team :D

Comment

Driver Line-up for Round 1
                          1 - AC Milan - Robert Doornbos
                          2 - Galatasaray - Alessandro Pier Guidi
                          3 - PSV Eindhoven - Yelmer Buurman
                          4 - Al Ain - Andreas Zuber
                          5 - Flamengo - Tuka Rocha
                          6 - Anderlecht - Craig Dolby
                          7 - Olympiacos - Kasper Andersen
                          8 - FC Basel - Max Wissel
                          9 - Borussia Dortmund - Nelson Philippe
                          10 - Beijing Guoan - Davide Rigon
                          11 - Corinthians - Andy Soucek
                          12 - FC Porto - Tristan Gommendy
                          13 - Rangers - Ryan Dalziel
                          14 - Sevilla FC - Borja Garcia
                          15 - Tottenham Hotspur - Duncan Tappy
                          16 - Liverpool - Adrian Valles
                          17 - AS Roma - Enrico Toccacelo
                          ...petrolhead

Comment

These aren't the results... just the name of drivers participating in the first round
                            ...petrolhead

Comment

Alright, I wish All the very Best of Luck to the Al Ain SF team :)

Comment

Working...
                              X