Lotus hand Nabil an aero test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotus hand Nabil an aero test

Lotus are set to hand 16-year-old Nabil Jeffri an aerodynamic test as part of their commitment to young drivers.

Jeffri, who is currently competing in Formula BMW Pacific with Eurasia Motorsport, will take part in the test in early September at an undisclosed location in the UK.

The test is aimed at giving the 16-year-old, who is driving for Lotus Racing as part of his sponsorship in the AirAsia ASEAN Driver Development Program, invaluable experience of working at the top level of motorsport as well as evaluating his skills as a driver.

"I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to drive for Lotus Racing in the aero test. It's a big privilege to gain driving experience with the most promising new F1 team," said Jeffri.

"Driving the Lotus Racing car will definitely be a priceless exposure to the F1 driving experience, and I'm looking forward to many more similar opportunities to arise as a result of being part of the AirAsia Driver Development program."

Lotus team boss Tony Fernandes added: "It's an exciting day for all of us in the Lotus Racing team - being able to give bright young talent like Nabil the chance to play an integral role in the development of our team is a recognition of his burgeoning talent, and shows that there is a clear route to the top rung of the motorsport ladder, no matter how old you are or where you are racing.

"I'm sure that before he gets in the hot seat he'll be speaking to Fairuz Fauzy for some advice - Fairuz is another Malaysian sports star who, as our third driver, is showing at tracks around the world that you can reach the top if you work hard to achieve your dreams - together, they serve as inspirations to everyone in our team, and to young talent all over the world."
    Source:Planet-F1
    ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Some people like Nabil are born to be lucky to get such opportunities, I mean Nabil Jeffri, not the old man..

Comment

I thought it was for our Nabil ! :rofl:
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Wirelessly posted (HTC_HD2_T8585 Opera/9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

its me undercover
        Meskovic
        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

When I first read the title thought: "that lucky bastard!" hehe
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Love the long term vision these teams have...motorsports belongs to the Brits.

Comment

Lucky dog! :lol:
              sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Originally posted by M_Powerholic View Post
                I thought it was for our Nabil ! :rofl:
                +1
                :rofl:
                I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

+2

E36 1996 325 coupe MT + supercharged RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech + Bolt On's CURRENT
                  E30 1989 325 M50 Mtech coupe MT + RIP
                  E30 1990 325 M50 Mtech coupe AT SOLD
                  E30 1991 325 low 4door AT SOLD
                  E30 1988 320 ac schnitzer 4door AT RIP
                  E36 1992 325 M50nv MT DRIFT/RACE CAR CURRENT
                  E34 1991 525 ac schnitzer Daily CURRENT

Comment

+3

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

+4 :rofl:
                      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
                      X