2010 German Grand Prix - RESULTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2010 German Grand Prix - RESULTS

Sunday's German grand prix began amid a burgeoning flexible wing saga, and ended with a new scandal about team orders.

After a team one-two, and soaked in champagne, Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali was hounded in the Hockenheim pitlane by reporters accusing him of illegally ordering Felipe Massa to hand his victory to Fernando Alonso.

"This is not true," Italian Domenicali told an angry Eddie Jordan on British television BBC.

Red Bull's Christian Horner, earlier accused by his rivals of running an illegally-flexing front wing on the RB6 in Germany, said the FIA stewards should actually be probing Ferrari's alleged rules breach.

"That was the clearest team order I've ever seen. As clear as 2002," said the Briton, referring to the Austrian grand prix of that year, when then Ferrari team boss Jean Todt ordered Rubens Barrichello aside for Michael Schumacher.

Fascinatingly, Todt is now president of the governing FIA.

"The difference with 2002 was that there was no rule (about team orders) then," said Jordan. "This is ten times worse."

The alleged team order at Hockenheim began with Alonso pleading on the radio that sitting behind Massa was "ridiculous".

Shortly afterwards, Massa's engineer Rob Smedley told Massa on the radio: "Ok, so, 'Fernando is faster than you'. Can you confirm you understand that message?"

Massa, 29, then deliberately slowed down on a straight and let Alonso pass.

But Domenicali denied Ferrari is therefore guilty of implementing team orders.

"To be honest, I don't think so," he said when asked if he thought the stewards would be looking into the incident.

Asked if he thought he deserved to win on Sunday, which is the one-year anniversary of his horror qualifying accident in Hungary last season, Massa answered: "Well, I think so."

As for whether he deliberately moved aside, the Brazilian said: "Well, I don't think I need to say anything about that. He passed me."

So obvious was the team order, Smedley actually apologised - "good lad, sorry" - to Massa after the race.

"The apology is just that I'm sorry it happened, I'm sorry he (Alonso) came through," Smedley, who also called Massa "very, very, very magnanimous" on the radio, explained to the BBC.

Alonso, despite asking on the slowing-down lap if Massa was ok, also denied he had been deliberately let through.

"I don't know what happened; I saw Felipe a little bit slow and I took the opportunity," said the Spaniard.

Massa added: "We work for the team, that's the only thing I feel."

Schumacher said he is still very close to his former Ferrari teammate Massa, but admitted he would have done "exactly the same" if he had been sitting on the pitwall on Sunday.

"In principle I fully accept it (team orders). There is only one target: winning the title," said the seven time world champion.

In the championship, the McLaren drivers retain their lead over the now points-tied Red Bulls, ahead of Hockenheim winner Fernando Alonso.

Source: WCF
    Last edited by SSense; 26-07-2010, 09:04 AM.

Ferrari fined $100,000 for team orders, to face FIA World Council

Ferrari has been fined $100,000 and now faces the wrath of the FIA's World Motor Sport Council.

A furore erupted after Sunday's German grand prix, in which Felipe Massa moved aside for winner Fernando Alonso after the Brazilian's engineer told him the Spaniard was faster.

Team management, and later the drivers, were summoned by the stewards, where Ferrari blankly denied the incident was a clear breach of the rule prohibiting result-altering team orders.

The result stands, but a report will be sent to the FIA's decision-making council, due to the alleged team orders breach and a charge of disrepute.

Ferrari denies that race engineer Rob Smedley's radio message to Massa prior to the Brazilian letting Alonso pass amounted to team orders.

"It was a driver decision," said spokesman Luca Colajanni. "We didn't give any instruction at all."

Team boss Stefano Domenicali added: "He (Smedley) gave the information that he (Massa) was slower than the other car. We give the information, it is up to the driver to manage the situation."

Massa confirmed that he had decided to let Alonso overtake.

"Yes (it was my decision). We do not have team orders. I was struggling on the hard tyres, as I have many times this year."

And Alonso denied he knew about the team order.

"I thought it was a gear problem (on Massa's car). When I saw him slowing down, I was surprised," said the Spaniard.
    Source: WCF

Comment

Alonso and Massa Are TAking ferrari's Team Up the Sky Expected From Two Monters Way to Go .. I've Always been a Fan of Rubens barichello.. Sad He Left Ferrari he used to Score a really good Rates.. 2nd Twice and 3rd Once .. When he left to honda he got the 20th -_- , and now he's 12th with zero points.. Shame :(
      sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
      E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
      E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
      E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Shame on you Ferrari!
        sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

I watched the replay tonight and I WAS INFURIATED! Politics should never exist in motorsports. Politics should never exist in any sport!

I don't blame Alonso, nor Smedley, and I totally sympathise with Massa who "needed" this win to put him back on track after his miraculous survival in Hungary last year. The driver CAN win races, and I strongly believe the Ferrari team management denied him that.

Dominicali is a VERY big disappointment and is far from any measure of people skills. Contact racing involves blocking and defending your position, team mate or not. If you can't win straight out, you don't deserve to win at all. What a bunch of bullocks that was! Ferrari could've won back a great driver had they let the race take its natural course, but now they ended up with a driver who wouldn't call his win earned, and another that hates the team. We are all guys, competition is built in.

DAMN!!

Comment

Same happened to him with Kimi, poor Massa, nevertheless Im happy ferrari is back and hope they continue
            Meskovic
            this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Alonso Is On FIre!! Watch it now on AD Tv
              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
              X