Finland's future rally star shows his skills at 8 years old [Video]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finland's future rally star shows his skills at 8 years old [Video]

Whoever said a rally racer had to have years of experience behind the wheel before being an excellent driver needs to see this video. The footage shows eight-year old Kalle Rovanpera taking to a variety of conditions with better skill than many of our friends.

The boy wonder is the son of Finnish rally driver Harri Rovanpera, a former WRC racer. The elder Rovanpera spent the bulk of his career with SEAT and Peugeot, with one year stints each at Mitsubishi and Red Bull/ Skoda. His lone victory came in a Peugeot 206 WRC when he and co-driver Risto Pietiläinen won the 50th International Swedish Rally in 2001.

Look for Kalle to keep working at his form and improving his skills. Before long, we may see him follow in his father's footsteps.
    [YOUTUBE]Y7OIArq-pv0[/YOUTUBE]

Source: WCF

WTF , amazing man .. the funny part is that his father got him this car to play with in the back yard .... all the fathers should do that :lol:

what a great future this kid has ...

Comment

amazing skill.......mmm my kid same but with his electric Car :D

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
      E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

this kid is amazing :bow: but in general the fins are

BMW history:
        07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Fins are known for their rally driving skills and this kid is doing what they do best..

Comment

:bow:
            sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
            Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
            LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
            P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
            Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

i wonder how his feet reach the pedals :)
              sigpic

Comment

i wonder when he will upgrade the car

Comment

This is why Finland produces a lot of successful rally drivers...

[youtube]jKMmxaK2N24[/youtube]

Comment

*shoots himself in the head*
                    Meskovic
                    this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

If I even think of putting my soon to be arriving (inshallah) son or daughter my wife would KILL me!!!

The thought is not even allowed to enter my mind... hehe. Even my brother, who is a karting champion back home, was warned :spank:
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

She hates me, I'll take him!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (AK47's Blackberry: BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Looooool! She doesn't hate u!!!
                          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.592 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

:rofl2:
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X