Australian V8 Supercars + R5 Chevrolet Supercars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australian V8 Supercars + R5 Chevrolet Supercars

The Australian V8 Supercars are coming to town next weekend and we will have round 5 of the Chevrolet Supercars Championship on the same weekend. Don't miss the action of the Australian V8 Supercars with their big grids and non stop action. Here is a link to give you an idea what is coming.

[youtube]OulGQA1eDiA[/youtube]
    and they said we had a lot of spin outs :rofl2:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Is the race going to take place once again at Yas circuit ? If yes then when is the race taking place, date ?

Comment

Yes Yas Marina and it'll be on the 19th and 20th of February! I'll be there for TAM's Vet race... berry berry nice :D
      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Looks to me like YAS will lose its virginity on the 19th and 20th to the V8 Supercars!! :rofl:

Comment

Originally posted by ahmad.alkhalil View Post
          Yes Yas Marina and it'll be on the 19th and 20th of February! I'll be there for TAM's Vet race... berry berry nice :D
          So you wont be there for me too ? :(

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          Looks to me like YAS will lose its virginity on the 19th and 20th to the V8 Supercars!! :rofl:
          You can say that again. :rofl:

Our cars are going to look slow after these monsters.
          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
          Schrick cams
          KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

What time is the race on Friday and Saturday alqassim ? I heard its a night race :drool:

Comment

here's the full time table,

http://www.yasmarinacircuit.com/en/c...able-2010.html

Mods
              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
              Schrick cams
              KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Qualified 3rd for tomorrow's race with a 2:21:9x lap time. The good news is p4 had a 2:23:xx time and 2:24:xx for 4th and 5th. The bad news is 1st and 2nd both ran a 1:20:9x. BUT, I unlike the pole sitter who will be using his last 2 tyres for race 1 tomorrow, I still have 4 new tyres and will use 2 new for race 1 and 2 new for race 2. If you cant make it there, it will be shown live on Abu Dhabi Sports channel.

Mods
                Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                Schrick cams
                KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

good luck bro ;)

BMW history:
                  07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

hmmm nothing on AD Sport and it's supposed to be ur race at 11:00??

BMW history:
                    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
                      hmmm nothing on AD Sport and it's supposed to be ur race at 11:00??
                      I don't know why they didn't show it, we were told they would.

Race 1 started and I lost a position in turn 1, got it back in the new section :). Coming into the double right hander before the hotel, my steering locked and I almost crashed. I thought something broke, but it was the power steering. I decided to make it back to the support pits and calling it a day. Thank God I then decided to try another lap, and another, and another until the race finished. It was not a total failure of the power steering, it was worse, it would get tight and then loose in the middle of a turn, or the reverse loose then tight. It was very challenging to drive but decided to continue because the guys behind me were fighting for positions and were not catching up. Before the end of the race one car infront of me retired and I ended up finishing second. Alhamdulillah I didn't pit. But man were my shoulders swore.

Mods
                      Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                      Schrick cams
                      KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

I started race 2 in 2nd position in my class. At the start I passed 1st and an 09 car. My car was really set up right after we played with tires pressure. I could tell it was fast, and I was quickly opening a gap to the others. I think in lap 3 I was so confident that no one in my class can catch me. Then I was behind an 09 car with rear damage, his rear bumper was loose. I was thinking of what I needed to do if it came off. As I was thinking, it did come off and looked like it would go to the side, but landed in front of my car and I ran over it. It ripped the oil cooler line to the diff and ripped off my rear bumper. A lap later, my diff broke and I was out :( .
                        I did set the fastest lap in my class by .5 seconds, although only running 3 laps. Will have to make it up in Bahrain in 3 weeks during the F1 weekend.

Mods
                        Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                        Schrick cams
                        KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

dude so sorry for the mishap i feel bad for the damage caused by the bumper and for the points loss. they should've penalized him.

Comment

Sorry to hear that bro...I was there at the main grandstand...the race seemed very aggressive....many cars running into each other. its sad that your race had to end coz of someone else making a mistake during the race..

all the best for the Bahrain race.
                            Current
                            E92 M3 - Mineral White
                            F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                            E36 318is
                            E39 540i ///M sport
                            VW CC
                            E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Thanks guys :)

Mods
                              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                              Schrick cams
                              KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X