R3 Chevrolet Supercars ME Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R3 Chevrolet Supercars ME Championship

Round 3 is this Wednesday and Thursday in Riyadh. It's going to be more like bumper cars out there with 17 Chevys on that short tight track. There is going to be a lot of accidents and spin-outs with all the camber in the turns especially on the S turns. The name of the game is survival, and my goal in this weekend is to get thru turn one with a running car.
    The race will be aired live on Saudi Sport TV(that's what we're told) at the following times.

Wednesday
    Race 1 @ 16:55 - 17:25
    Podium @ 17:35 - 17:55
    Thursday
    Race 2 @ 15:40 - 16:10
    Podium @ 17:30 - 18:00
    All in UAE time.

I have been in Riyadh for almost one month trying to get on the track. A lot of personal issues came up and I had to travel back and forth to Jeddah. I did get a total of six 20 mints sessions which should give me an advantage over the rest of the drivers and hopefully will help me regain the championship lead.
    Wish me luck and Insha_Allah I will report back with good news.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Man....u're a champ for doing all this already!

Godspeed :)

Comment

good luck man... i'm taking your troghy if you get it!

Comment

all the best bro.... inshallah you emerge victorious!
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
          good luck man... i'm taking your troghy if you get it!
          tsk tsk tsk... shame shame!

Good luck with the race alqassim... nothing less than first place will be accepted, this club expects only the best and we want only the best ;)
          sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Troghy: a combination of a hand-held trophy and an olympic medal.

Comment

loool!
              sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Good luck... and how was the first race? (missed it due to work)
                ...petrolhead

2007 E60 M5 Black Sapphire|Indianapolis Red

Comment

I don't know where to start, but it started out sooooo bad that I really thought of quiting racing. First practice session my times were second best in class but 2 seconds behind first. I did not complete the session because my power steering fluid leaked out. I was very surprised that with my track time, I wasn't way ahead. Qualifying session every one improved their time except me. Then it turned out that there was a problem in the timing system and the organizers decided to do another qualifying session in place of race1 and move that race to the next day. That threw every ones tire plans out the window because it added another session with out getting extra tires. In the second qualifying session I was last :( I couldn't believe it. I was way off pace. The car felt a bit low on power and I informed the mechanics.
                  I did not sleep that night thinking that I must have been lucky in AD and that I'm not that good. I honestly started thinking of not racing anymore. That was my lowest I ever felt in this sport.
                  Day 2 we had race 1 in the morning, I decided to use my last 2 new tires and the best 2 used tires on the car and go for it and not worry about race 2. I finished 4th (only five drivers from the SC06 class came to KSA) the only guy I passed was when he spun. he then started catching up to me very very fast. The car also sounded funny. After the race I went back to the mechanics and told them about my problem and assured them that there was something wrong. It turned out that there was oil in the TB's and PCV valve and that the air box was full of power steering fluid and sand and that the air filter was blocked. Great news, it' wasn't me, AD was not luck, I was happy. I started race 2 last again and finished 3rd, I improved my lap times immediately by 2 seconds and had the second fastest lap in my class. Unfortunately my tires were very bad which did not help.
                  Overall, I was happy with the final results, I will not quit racing :) , and I'm looking forward to the next round in AD with the Asia GP2 race.
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                  Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                  Schrick cams
                  Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                  Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                  KW Coilovers V3
                  WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/302)

Don't quit, you ll improve and soon the first place will be yours. Good luck bro.
                    sigpic

2004 X5, HAMMAN - SOLD
                    2006 Z4M - SOLD
                    1967 SHELBY GT500CR - SOLD
                    2001 Ferrari 550 Maranello - SOLD
                    2001 Ferrari 456 MGTA - CURRENT
                    2006 Hummer H3 -CURRENT
                    2003 Citroen Saxo 1.1 - Special Mongol Rally 2012 - SOLD TO CHARITY
                    1997 E36 M3 - PROJECT CAR
                    2008 Ferrari 312 Scaglietti - CURRENT

Comment

Such is racing quazi!! Don't question your talent

Comment

Alqassim, this is just the beginning.. He who quits first is a loser and you're in no terms a loser, stay on track and you'll get better day after day, cheer up bro :)

Comment

your skills & experience will improve with every round, but sometimes the car will let u down..

good luck in AD ;)

BMW history:
                          07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

Good Luck bro :)
                            sigpic
                            Current : F30 335 Alpine white

Comment

IF I didnt go to london
                              count me in ;)
                              sigpic

PP performance stage 2 software - active autowork downpipe - active autowork intercooler - dinan oil cooler - Hamann loud exhausts - Hamann full bodykit - BMW performance rims - BMW Performance steering wheel - BMW performance stripes

Comment

Working...
                              X