Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inner tie rod loose

Hello,

My inner tie rod at the left is loose (like you can rotate it 5-10 degrees), while the right one is stable. I did some googling and found out I need to change inner and outer tie rod ball joints together and the parts cost around 60-80$. How much would the labour cost? And what are the risks and problems that I would face, if I don't get it changed asap?

My car is 120i 2008 model at 35K km only, never had accidents or major service. As far as I understand it is quite early for them be worn out.

Hi [MENTION=188799]Cimbom1905[/MENTION]

Im assuming the car is no longer under warranty if so, the labor charges varies from workshop to workshop, please visit our sponsor page and contact the garage for more details.

Please note Paid members get better discount at our sponsors garages. More garages will be added in the coming weeks.
    - E82, 1M - Current
    • Akrapovic Exhaust • BMW Performance Seats • BMW Performance Steering Wheel
    - E30, 316 Touring - Current
    • BBS Rims • Eibach Lowering Springs • Some Engine Modifications
    - Nissan Xterra - Off Road - Current
    E36, 318 Touring Sold
    E36, M3 Evo Sold

Facebook Instagram SnapChat

Click HERE to get your BMW ///M Bracelets from BMW Club UAE

Comment

If the condition is allowed to persist you will start to feel changes to your steering feel (vibration, alignment etc..)
      Current
      E92 M3 - Mineral White
      F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
      E36 318is
      E39 540i ///M sport
      VW CC
      E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

should not be more than an hours job.. maybe 2 as a worse case scenario.

Comment

its vary between car one to another , it has nothing to do with the mileage , 35K is not that much but comparing to the age of the car , those joints are rubbers by the end of the day , weather in this country dries out rubbers and send it to death easily .

also the driving personalty makes big difference , with all the respect to all but if you one of those people who drive 50KM/h on speed bumps like what we see everyday at malls specially those who drives brand new cars and assuming warranty will take care of it , then you are luck that your car survived till now :D ( I'm just assuming ;) )

Comment

Thank you everyone for the input. I sent an email for a quotation to KM-uae and a few other places. Let's see.

I also checked DIY, it seems fairly easy, but alignment also needs to be done afterwards.

@Ehhsan: I know the type, but I actually drive quite carefully:)

Comment

Don't bother with DIY , the alignment shop will change them for you in no time , 50AED extra .

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                Don't bother with DIY , the alignment shop will change them for you in no time , 50AED extra .
                Seriously? That would be perfect. Any idea where I can get this done? I can buy the part from BMW or smwhr else, the part doesn't seem to cost a lot.

Maybe these guys (Future Tyre) you shared in the other thread will do it? I will drive up there and ask today.

Google maps ( Google Maps ) and paste the below numbers

[note] 2 posts merged together [/note]
                Last edited by Ehssan; 03-03-2014, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cimbom1905 View Post
                  Seriously? That would be perfect. Any idea where I can get this done? I can buy the part from BMW or smwhr else, the part doesn't seem to cost a lot.
                  we were talking about similar topic few days back , Enjoy :D

Future Tires

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                    we were talking about similar topic few days back , Enjoy :D

Future Tires
                    I went there today and the guys are so helpful and nice. They checked the rods and said it is okay, no need to change now (which surprised me, since most garages try to fix things that doesn't need to be fixed), but also gave me a quote if I do wanna change it, which was like 600aed part, 400aed labor with alighment.

Comment

So basically it only needed alignment and that's it ye?
                      Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
                      Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
                      Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
                      Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
                      1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
                      Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
                      eMail:
                      Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                      X