Hard Brake Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, so the servo's shot. Thanks!

Another question to Shak and everyone else as well.

I experienced something rather weird but if you think about it, seems somewhat normal. If the car is warmed up or cold but sitting idling. I press and release the brake pedal multiple times quickly, more than 4-5 times. The idle suffers and begins to drop and hesitate a little. If I stop, idle goes back to normal.

I understand how the vacuum/PCV system works and how manifold vacuum generates brake assist through the servo.

But, does doing the above make that much of an impact on manifold vacuum and idle to suffer like that?

If not, then there is a problem. PCV valve or vacuum leak somewhere ? And, could this be associated with the hard brake pedal feel ?

Thanks in advance!
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
      Alright, so the servo's shot. Thanks!

Another question to Shak and everyone else as well.

I experienced something rather weird but if you think about it, seems somewhat normal. If the car is warmed up or cold but sitting idling. I press and release the brake pedal multiple times quickly, more than 4-5 times. The idle suffers and begins to drop and hesitate a little. If I stop, idle goes back to normal.

I understand how the vacuum/PCV system works and how manifold vacuum generates brake assist through the servo.

But, does doing the above make that much of an impact on manifold vacuum and idle to suffer like that?

If not, then there is a problem. PCV valve or vacuum leak somewhere ? And, could this be associated with the hard brake pedal feel ?

Thanks in advance!
      As I mentioned in one of the post before,is that a simple test to check if you have a air leak is to spray brake cleaner around the the brake booster and around all the places were it could possibly leak!,a differnce in engine sound will say you have a leak!
      If not to sure pop in to my garage (X Centre)and I will check it for you !

Comment

Thanks for the recomendation Shak, I already did that before and no leaks came up on the intake manifold. So I'm going to try it on the booster. Thanks again!

PS: Car's in Lebanon XD
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
        X