E38 740iL shocks/suspension advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E38 740iL shocks/suspension advice

Hi guy.. i own a 1997 7er and my hydrolic shocks have completely given out on me. the DSC doesnt work no matter how many times i press the button my shocks stay hard, as a result it keeps knocking my alignment out and ive been told its doing damage to my steering rack, springs, suspension arms you name it. I have been advised to go for some sports shocks and springs etc.. A) much cheaper B) will get a lot more for my money performance wise. because i am not paying 5,900 dhs PER SHOCK. its madness so if anyone knows of any good set ups that are reasonably priced please let me know. Im looking for semi racing set up, possibly adjustable.
    Any comments would be much appreciated..

Fellow Beemer lover!
    97 E38 740iL
    sigpic
    Installed : muffler reduction straight pipes into quad tips from Fox
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7r4p3kIY1E

you have one option only which is OEM , brand new OEM or used OEM from scrap ...

contact Ayham from DAS and he will provide you with the estimated price including labour charge ... 050-6527722

Comment

thanks a lot for ur swift response.. But really only one option! it seems a bit odd that such a mass produced car has only one alternative for suspension uprading.
      97 E38 740iL
      sigpic

Comment

don't forget ,, you are driving a luxury car ...

for sure you can get track suspensions and lowring aftermarket springs if you want to take your car to the track :D

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Lol, WTF man??? 5900dhs per shock!!!

Give me a call whenever...

Comment

yeh i know its a JOKE!!! just coz they are hydrolic and go stiff or loose with one touch of a button! the normal shocks for the 740i are 800 dhs a piece(no hydrolics). I will pop round soon and you can take it for a spin, especially round corners at 80kph + and over speed bumbs! its giving me back problems i swear!! but how much do u reckon it would cost me to fully re do my suspension shocks springs the lot...maybe i could add a sway bar for better handling...Like Ehssan said i know its a fat,long luxury car but im only 21 and i still enjoy taking a few corners quicker than i should be haha
            97 E38 740iL
            sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Aight, PM me your chassis number for starters, pass by for a quick spin.
              Last edited by Ayham; 20-09-2010, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Don't post your chassis number online, a piece of advice...PM it instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                  Originally posted by FlipE38 View Post
                  Hi guy.. i own a 1997 7er and my hydrolic shocks have completely given out on me. the DSC doesnt work no matter how many times i press the button my shocks stay hard, as a result it keeps knocking my alignment out and ive been told its doing damage to my steering rack, springs, suspension arms you name it. I have been advised to go for some sports shocks and springs etc.. A) much cheaper B) will get a lot more for my money performance wise. because i am not paying 5,900 dhs PER SHOCK. its madness so if anyone knows of any good set ups that are reasonably priced please let me know. Im looking for semi racing set up, possibly adjustable.

Fellow Beemer lover!
                  you have one option only which is OEM , brand new OEM or used OEM from scrap ...

contact Ayham from DAS and he will provide you with the estimated price including labour charge ... 050-6527722
                  The bad hydraulic shocks will certainly hurt the steering box or steering rack. That could cause a lot of problems. I bet you sorted this out already. Did you notice grease on the steering rack? Should I add more or will that cause any issues?

Comment

Originally posted by FlipE38 View Post

Fellow Beemer lover!
                    your shocks are EDC so check the wiring conection on top of the front suspension you will find that the wires are are shorted out?
                    Repair the wires and delete the faults if it still fails then think about changing your shocks?

Comment

Here are your options, Front sway bar from a facelift shorty sport will upgrade you from a 20mm to a 22mm one, stage 2 H&R springs with Blistein shocks and a Brembo brakes from a 750iL, a 3.15 open diff from a facelift shorty sport or a 3.15 LSD from a E39 M5. I have AC Schnitzer springs coming in soon if you are interested

Comment

electronics shoks with the spring used important from japan arround 800AED.

otherwise buy Original without EDC used import from japans arround 500-600AED full set some of them are sport 4coils and really great handling with Alpina & EIBACH LOGO. some of them without. the part number is 3133618

NON-sport 5 coils

Comment

Working...
                        X