Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E36 Big brake kit

Hi Guys
    I'm building my shopping list for my 1994 325i vert, and high on the list are a set of front rear big brakes. But I am doing this on a budget. Can anyone recommend a good way to go Wilwood or similar without breaking the bank?

here you go

http://www.massivebrakes.com/kits/e36/

this is guy is good. his name is lee i guess he comes highly recommended from ahmed lutfi

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
      here you go

this is guy is good. his name is lee i guess he comes highly recommended from ahmed lutfi
      nunu is the E36 the latest model they worked on coz i couldnt find any newer model on their site...
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
        here you go

Awesome, thanks! I have sent him an email..
        Last edited by nicktruman; 24-05-2010, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reak6ion View Post
          nunu is the E36 the latest model they worked on coz i couldnt find any newer model on their site...
          maybe it's worth asking Lee if he has any kits for e90s but in general they are famous for their E30 and E36 models.

Comment

try this one
            http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/...t_rotors.shtml
            ...i installed the 3GD vented rotors since 2005 and till now in good condition

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
            E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Originally posted by eoudeh View Post
              try this one
              http://www.ebcbrakes.com/automotive/...t_rotors.shtml
              ...i installed the 3GD vented rotors since 2005 and till now in good condition
              Hi Eoudeh,
              Where did you get the brakes from? which distributor? Also, Where did you get the carbon fiber interior for your ride from?

Comment

Originally posted by nicktruman View Post
                Hi Eoudeh,
                Where did you get the brakes from? which distributor? Also, Where did you get the carbon fiber interior for your ride from?
                i got the brakes rotors + pads from www.bmtown.com on 2005 (stevan the contact person, UK), that time i didnt notice that they had a distributor here :hide2: but check this (www.ebcbrakes.com/buynow/asia.shtml)
                regarding the CF interior, i got them from www.modbargains.com long time ago also :)...good luck bro and keep us updated

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Can you please elaborate why you're going for a BBK ?
                  sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                  Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                  LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                  P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                  Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

I like the look and at some point, December?/ I want to fit a supercharger kit.

Comment

Originally posted by nicktruman View Post
                      I like the look and at some point, December?/ I want to fit a supercharger kit.
                      Dude, what you need is upgraded brake pads such as Carbotech or Pagid for more powerful braking. Slotted and/or drilled rotors for the look and some performance and probably SS braided lines. Cooling ducts make things better as well. Those will run you less than half the price of a BBK and still provide almost matched performance on the street.

If you're supercharging you'r engine, then a brake upgrade is necessary. A BBK isn't, BBK's are used for prolonged track racing that involves high temperatures which OEM brakes can't handle. But, the parts I mentioned above are more than enough, even with a supercharged application.
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Well, one "application" of BBKs is their looks SSU, and add a "marginal" braking improvement, everybody wins :)

My $0.2...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                          Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Well, one "application" of BBKs is their looks SSU, and add a "marginal" braking improvement, everybody wins :)

My $0.2...
                          True that, I wanted to mention it but my function over form mentality took the best of me :D

Comment

Stock brakes/rotors/lines are fine.

Add better pads or even race pads if you hit the track. PLENTY of braking power.

Unless you plan on running a 3 hour or up to 24 hour race. No need for a BBK.

Lutfy

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
                              Stock brakes/rotors/lines are fine.

Add better pads or even race pads if you hit the track. PLENTY of braking power.

Unless you plan on running a 3 hour or up to 24 hour race. No need for a BBK.

Lutfy
                              That very much sums it up !

Comment

Working...
                              X