Z4 Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z4 Suspension

it seems as though my dampers need replacing at 108000km (bouncy ride)
    I have read many different sites and articles about what to put in-some recommend Koni (adjustable damping: expensive), others say Bilstein or H&R and still others say stock (Sachs). The is used on the road only and I am looking for a slightly softer ride as the hard ride is getting quite old.

Also, should the springs be changed too? what about the bushes...rather do it all together?

If something is available locally at a good price, then I will go for it. any recommendations guys?

Think before you act.

i'd buy stock for normal street use :)

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

anybody know where i can get them cheaper than AGMC? they quoted like AED1400 each shock.

Think before you act.

Comment

Send me your Chassis number....

There are "street" shocks from Bilstein and Koni. I'd go for these as they have lifetime warranties...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
          Send me your Chassis number....

There are "street" shocks from Bilstein and Koni. I'd go for these as they have lifetime warranties...
          WBABU11006LC65185

Thanks Ayham.

Think before you act.

Comment

Quotation will be here tomorrow...

Comment

Much thanks

Think before you act.

Comment

hey guys. i cam up with a brain wave about why the ride got bouncy...it was the tyres three weeks ago. i changed out the RFTs to regular Potenzas. Except i only changed the rear 2. So last weekend i changed the fronts also (to the same tyre, RE050 non-RFT) and the ride is now much better. There is even less road noise. I guess the downside is that it is a bit "spongy," but i am much happier with it now.

Think before you act.

Comment

Spongy (to some extent) is good, RFT is BAD!

Where did you source out your RE050 tires from??

Comment

Nasser Bin Abdullatif Alserkal Est

next thing, somebody is going to tell me i paid too much...:Guns:

I paid AED870 each for 225/45/17 including nitrogen, balancing and fitting.

I must say though that the tyre has a bit of a euro-look to it (more curved in towards the tread area and the rim lip is bigger. The tyre also look like it is running backwards, but really, the difference in ride between rft and non-rft is night and day.

Think before you act.

Comment

Working...
                    X