Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total body shivering - Help

hello,
    am facing a strange total body shivering that starts from 40km/h slightly and the shivering increases till reaching 120km/h, after which it goes smooth back.

also from 70-85km/h it is a smooth period.

One of the big balancing workshops in shj, told me there is a rubber in the motion shaft, that may be in bad condition, plus the bearing of the same shaft.

Any ideas, or past experience..??
    it would be great to get rid of it before hafeet drive.
    M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
    e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
    Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

its the guibo... also called joint flex. it's very cheap for the e36 something like 80 dirhams. also change your central bearing that is slight over a 100.

these are common problems on all bmws no need to worry, and of course change them before you head to hafeet or you will risk damaging your driveshaft or even blowing something else.

Comment

he is talking about your drive shaft center bearing and the Guibo (flex disk).

yup those will cause sever shaking when accelarating. You can change them out and check your drive shaft if it needs any balancing.
      sigpic
      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
      Falcons Garage
      Carbotech

Comment

Im Facing the same Problem ... When i Rach Over 120 the Car Starts To Shiver..
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Working...
        X