Facing a Small Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facing a Small Issue

So2al Fanny ... ( Musical Question ) lol kidding ( Tech. Question ) ...

Only 2 ppl can Ride My E36.... Only me And the passenger ....
    when Someone sits at the bk ... The Wheel Starts hiting The Body i guess ...
    u hear This ( gkfjeijfijkdjg ) ...

is it Normal ?? ... Wheel Size ( 45/215 ) ... Sport Springs Not Stand. {Stock}
    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
    E23 735i - Sold

with 215 at the back u should be way far from any rubbing issues....check ur alignment might be off.

and also please provide what is ur rear rims offset (ull read on the rim ETXX) find the number and tell us as that might also be ur problem...
    sigpic
    iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
    Falcons Garage
    Carbotech

Comment

You problem is lowering springs coupled with stock dampers (shock absorbers). And, that your rims have low ET. Normal solution would be to return to OEM springs or higher ones.
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Replace your shocks with Koni or Bilstein, problem solved.

Comment

it might be rubbing the shocks and not the body, if so it is offset related and u might need a spacer
          I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Shocks/tire contact happens at the front upon turning the steering wheel when the rim size is oversized....Rear rubbing is tires rubbing against the fender.

Comment

trace the rubbing

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                Shocks/tire contact happens at the front upon turning the steering wheel when the rim size is oversized....Rear rubbing is tires rubbing against the fender.
                i experienced rear wheel (205 mm wide) rubbing the tank pipe when passengers ride at the back, so yes u r right the tire won't rub the shock at the back but it can rub other components so as bruno said "trace the rubbing" then u can decide if it is offset or else
                I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

Normal if your car is lowerd, try to rise up by replacing your springs or harder shocks

good luck

Comment

Thnx Guys ...
                    I don Think rising the car up is a good idea ... it'll look Bad..
                    And The Rubbing is only on the Rear Tires Nothing on the Front ...
                    I think i should Harder the Shocks but am still not sure if thats the issue ...
                    The car is Normal with two passengers ... but it starts rubbing on the turns when someone sits at the back ... Only The Rear Tires..
                    sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
                    E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
                    E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
                    E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Will see it when we next meet ! ;)

Probably some hard shocks will do ! :bow:
                      sigpic
                      07' HFP Accord | Current
                      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
                        Thnx Guys ...
                        I don Think rising the car up is a good idea ... it'll look Bad..
                        And The Rubbing is only on the Rear Tires Nothing on the Front ...
                        I think i should Harder the Shocks but am still not sure if thats the issue ...
                        The car is Normal with two passengers ... but it starts rubbing on the turns when someone sits at the back ... Only The Rear Tires..
                        i had exat same issue with my old E36

i Run two sport shocks and that is ,no rubbing at all ,

Comment

Working...
                        X