strut braces, roll bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strut braces, roll bars

after long hours of reading on TMS, UUC and many other websites, i noted that strut braces seem to be an affordable way to stiffen up the chassis and result in a car that corners well. i have a front WIECHERS SPORT strut brace which seems to be a german racing team developing braces and roll cages and an ACS rear brace. i was reading about the x brace that is used on verts and roadsters and from what i read it seems to be good as well and affordable. what do everybody thinks? shall i get motorsport x braces for my evo? and about anti roll bars, which is the best in terms of quality, results, price and reliability? ive seen many many ACS, Dinan, RD, Hargte, TMS, UUC and i need to decide which one is the best. however, i need to know if it is really effective, anybody tried upgrading his roll bars?
    sigpic

Dude, sorry to rain on your parade........But, you already have the X-brace installed :D
    And roll bars, UUC SwayBarbarians are nice, theyre adjustable also. But, what a sway bar ALONE does is not enough, maby to me it isn't. But, the advantage youre going to get by spending on sway bars and shipping them would be a waste, because later on youre going to consider coil overs. Coil overs solve most of the sway issues.
    Depends on you bro...
    Last edited by SewerSideUp; 25-07-2009, 12:41 AM.
    sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
    Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
    LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
    P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
    Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

hmmmmm.....i dont have the xbrace on my car
      sigpic

Comment

I'm a little rusty on this but I believe the M3 EVO came with an X-brace. Take a looksee under the skirt. Also, is you strut brace hinged? Or welded/botled?

Sway bars WILL make a day-night difference on your cornering, BUT it's always preferred that you get them with a set of shocks/spring or coilover. Here's what each would do on a track:

- Turning in, into the sweeper, the car is leaning much on the outside tires ===> Sway bars (I use H&R adj, and they're still ticking after 4 years of abuse)

- Coming out of the corner, into another recovering from a hint of oversteer, the car is wobbly on the springs and not sure where to throw the CG with so many steering inputs ===> Suspension (be it shocks + springs or straight coilovers)

Hope this makes it clear.

Comment

listen to ahmed lutfi when it comes to the e36 M3 mods in particular suspension mods :drool:

Comment

lol and again...i dont have xbraces on my car :) and where is ahmed lutfi? ahmaaaaad?? where are you?? come up come up wherever you are
            sigpic

Comment

pm him

Comment

Does anyone know how much the X-brace costs ? If so, please share :)
                sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Mohammed, your car is equipped with a Motorsport X Brace. It started on the 1995 M3 LTW, part # is 51718410212. You can get it from any scrap yard convertible, it's the same part.

Comment

Working...
                  X