Bilsteins make me happy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bilsteins make me happy!

I ordered Bilstein Sport shocks and struts and Rogue Engineering aluminum shock mounts for my roady and just picked the car up from Falcons (thanks to Akram and Adel for installing them so quickly). The change in the car is amazing! No more rear squat when I nail it and body roll is also practically gone. Between this and the poly subframe bushings the handling is like night and day from when I bought the car.

I don't know how much of the difference is attributable to the age of my stock shocks and how much to the bilstein upgrade, but I could not be happier with the new ones. Great way to start the weekend!

Now I just have to decide on lowering it. I'm worried about speed bumps and am already happy with the handling, but not happy with 4x4 wheel well gap...

probably best to leave it as it is brother...maybe you should consider getting bigger wheels??

Think before you act.

Comment

Balancing FTW ! :)
      sigpic
      07' HFP Accord | Current
      HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

New OE shocks will also feel the same, the difference is the Bilsteins will last much much longer.

To compliment it, you need to lower it. Measure how much the gap between the fender and the tire tip is, then measure the distance between the fender and the ground. Usually you'll need an inch to two inches, give or take, clearance between the bottom of the car and the road to clear normal bumps. Go for something in the range of 1"-1.3" of a drop. Eibach would be my choice.

Comment

Oh, forgot to add that the Bilsteins are valved more aggressively and this is a big part of your new relationship with the car ;)

Comment

I am on my way for changing my shocks too, Shak have test drived my ride and said that the shocks are very soft thus causing the boat like ride

So having a happy customer of bilistein, makes me ask
            - where I can find a set for my e36 and
            - what is the price for the front and the rear

By the way, Ayham what is OE shocks?? (do u mean the original ones??)
            M 'nM=my initials, charges with :///M:power, even not driving one..
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
            e36 328i vert, e46 323 ci
            Older rides: colt '95, punto '03, astra coupe '00

Comment

OEM = original equipment manufacturer
              I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

MPowerholic, getting wheels powder-coated, then new tires and balancing will come along!

Thanks Ayham, looking into springs, but the H&Rs are the only ones that are easily obtainable...Dinans and Eibachs have gotten hard to find for this car and are pricey when you see them. And yeah the Bilstein Sports should be stiffer...the Tourings are supposed to be the same valving as OEM but better made.

Xplod, I got them from a vendor on bimmerforums (Zygmunt motors: bimmerparts.com). Check the "Group Purchases & Supporting Vendor Specials" forum and look for a thread by CMUZZY. Price was $536 USD shipped within the US, which was quite a bit cheaper than any of the websites. I got them over here on my own, so don't know what that would have cost...

Comment

John in sharjah, is selling the bilsteins for a lower cost than this, but I guess it would be the normal shocks not the high performance ones..

My question: would this make me a happy rider of my vert?
                  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________

Comment

They could be the touring ones, OE replacement. No performance gains...

Comment

Originally posted by xplod55 View Post
                      John in sharjah, is selling the bilsteins for a lower cost than this, but I guess it would be the normal shocks not the high performance ones..

Much much happier, and I would also suggest strut bars for your vert'. You'll love your car alot more!
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by xplod55 View Post

SSU,
                        he is talking about OE replacement shocks made by Blishtien, so they r just replacement not an upgrade so i donot think they will make any difference
                        I am the Japanese spy in the BMW club :joking: :D

Comment

If the e-36 has original shocks, even the regular Bilstein tourings will likely show a big improvement over 10+ year old stock shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud_bedewi View Post
                            SSU,
                            he is talking about OE replacement shocks made by Blishtien, so they r just replacement not an upgrade so i donot think they will make any difference
                            ^ +1...

They only last much longer and are life-time guaranteed. Not valved aggressively.

Comment

Thanks Sewer for bringing back my mood UP..
                              I think even if they are not sport version, I will feel great difference, as my stock now are VERRY soft.
                              Plus that I have no other choice here in the market for this cost

Comment

Working...
                              X