No announcement yet.

I need brakes soon !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh ! that's y I was so confused when you guys mentioned the gel ! cuz from what i understood that you guys were applying it to the rotors ... okay now things make sense .. thx :)
    Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
    Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
    Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
    Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
    1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
    Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
    eMail:
    Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
      oh ! that's y I was so confused when you guys mentioned the gel ! cuz from what i understood that you guys were applying it to the rotors ... okay now things make sense .. thx :)
      The gel shall be applied the caliper-pad connection points. The pad is the thing that is making the noise. Here's what happens:

The noise is due to the pad's movement in its mounting in the caliper. You can never get the pad 100% fit the caliper mountings and grooves. The more the pads quality, the more the pad grips the rotor, the more the pad shakes and moves in the caliper, the more noie you get.

This is why the good german cars like BMWs, Mercedeses, Audis OEM pads are noisy compared the cheap japanese and korean cars. The cheap cars OEM pads have too much graphite and carbon to lubricate the pad over the rotor. The result is less braking power, more dust, and 100% silence.

Comment

^ :bow:

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Originally posted by RiFo View Post
          ^ :bow:
          :thanks:

Comment

Originally posted by Auto Works View Post
            The cheap cars OEM pads have too much graphite and carbon to lubricate the pad over the rotor. The result is less braking power, more dust, and 100% silence.
            But this is not the case with the Bobcats which are silent and dustless ;).

Comment

Sorry to bump into your thread Rifo..

But a quick question to you Marwan, are there any pads from Carbotech for street use which are as silent as the OEM ones, without using any gel ?

Comment

yup...thats what he just said ... ;)

The bobcats are the right fit for street use
                Current
                E92 M3 - Mineral White
                F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
                E36 318is
                E39 540i ///M sport
                VW CC
                E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Bobcats

2006 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 : photography by lifegauge : Revo flash by TAM

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                    Sorry to bump into your thread Rifo..

But a quick question to you Marwan, are there any pads from Carbotech for street use which are as silent as the OEM ones, without using any gel ?

You are not bumping the thread. This is the original question of Rifo. Bobcats are not for a track use at all, they will get fried performing a glassy surface which is known as glazing:). Glazing means much noise and less stopping power.

I'm sorry the way Carbotech was introduced to the club made it look like all pads are noisy and dusty. As a matter of fact the Bobcats are Carbotech's most selling compounds. It's just the braking power fever that has affected us.

Looks like the guys are the brakes experts now :).

Comment

Excuse me, but do you people make brake pads for mountain bikes :D ?
                      I'm very serious....
                      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
                      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
                      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
                      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
                      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
                        Excuse me, but do you people make brake pads for mountain bikes :D ?
                        I'm very serious....
                        Yes. Can you supply the old set?

Comment

^^^^ :slap: !

Need Assistance?
                          eMail:
                          Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

Working...
                          X