Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake pads for a 2006 Z4 2.5i

Hi Guys;
    any idea what would be the cost for new brake pads? my car is 32000kms and the bare pads light went on yesterday on my dash board, how many Kms can still drive with it as it still breaking perfectly and should I change the pads only or go for pads and discs?
    cheers
    sigpicTeostyle!

at 32,000km you shouldn't have to change your discs, but you should at least check if they need skimming..

for brake pads why not check out CarboTech's offers if you want something better than stock? otherwise you can check with Falcons Garage for a quote.

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

thanks Haissam!
      can I still drive it for like a week , i'm a bit busy to give it for service!!
      sigpicTeostyle!

Comment

just put in some drilled brembo discs and pads dude-i would have if i didnt have BSI and brakes were at my expense! i am sure those would work out around the same or chaper than BMW replacement parts.

Think before you act.

Comment

usually it grinds when you brake, that's when you know that your brakes need changing. other than that you're fine it's only the brake sensor that's gon bust. it's 50 dirhams to get it replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeister View Post
            just put in some drilled brembo discs and pads dude-i would have if i didnt have BSI and brakes were at my expense! i am sure those would work out around the same or chaper than BMW replacement parts.
            I hate being the guy who talks bad about competitors, but Brembo products are being made in China. So BMW OEM pads are much better in quality. BMW OEM pads are made by ATE and Pagid, which are highly reputed brake manufacturers. Well, no one matches Carbotech but still, I would go for OEM over Brembo.

Also, drilled rotors are beaten to death. There's another sticky post that's talking about this issue. We can go there and have a discussion.

Originally posted by Haissam View Post
            at 32,000km you shouldn't have to change your discs, but you should at least check if they need skimming..

for brake pads why not check out CarboTech's offers if you want something better than stock? otherwise you can check with Falcons Garage for a quote.
            +1. Just skim your rotors and have your pads changed. Just double check the front rotors, they generally get worn much faster than the rears.

Originally posted by Teostyle View Post
            Hi Guys;
            any idea what would be the cost for new brake pads? my car is 32000kms and the bare pads light went on yesterday on my dash board, how many Kms can still drive with it as it still breaking perfectly and should I change the pads only or go for pads and discs?
            cheers
            My dear, we can offer you Carbotech ceramic pads for your car. There are many products for your application. Below is the break down:

Common Points:
            1)All Carbotech pads are known for very long life service, which reaches 4 times over stock milage. We estimate Carbotech pads to live up to 100,000KMs. So it might be your last time changing your pads ever.
            2)All Carbotech pads are 100% ceramic. This gives your much longer rotor life as they are rotor friendly. Using Carbotech street application would give you 2 times more longer life.
            3)Carbotech pads are known as a good upgrade option. The street application pads would give you 10%-20% better stopping power over stock.

Compounds Comparison:
            1)Street Use (Bobcat):
            A)100% clean wheels and 0% dust.
            B)10%-20% better stopping power.
            C)2 times more rotor life.
            D)Very silent braking compared to other ceramic pads or OEM.

2)Autocross and High Performance Street (AX6):
            A)Little dirty and some dust. Sometimes cleaner than OEM. BMW pads are the dirtiest pads ever made!
            B)200%-300% better stopping power.
            C)Little longer rotor life or same as OEM pads.
            D)Little noise when they get hot. They squeal when you reach a very low speed while braking (The very short seconds at the end of a brake). This is almost like BMW OEM pads. BMW OEM pads are known for being noisy.

3)Track use (XP8): This is a very aggressive compound. From this compound on, the pads start to double your stopping power to 10 times. They will be dusty and noisy and also rotor aggressive.

I would recommend you get Bobcat for street use if you never plan to track your car.

The prices for your Z4 - 2.5i & 3.0i 2006-2003 are:
            Bobcat street use front and rear ceramic pads: $282
            AX6 autocross use front and rear ceramic pads: $308
            DHL 2 days shipping cost: $120

**PLEASE NOTE THAT PRICES DO NOT INCLUDE CUSTOMS COSTS OF 5% OF ORIGINAL INVOICE TOTAL

Please let me know if I can be of any further help.

Comment

I vote for Carbotech, after having them for a 1000km on my M3, there's no turning back!! ;)

P.S: Thread moved to the right category.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                usually it grinds when you brake, that's when you know that your brakes need changing. other than that you're fine it's only the brake sensor that's gon bust. it's 50 dirhams to get it replaced.
                :redflag:
                Bruno, waiting for the brakes to grind befor changing pads is a bad idea. Grinding eats your rotors up quickley. That is why you have the brake sensor to tell you that your pads are low befor they start grinding.:spank:

Originally posted by Auto Works View Post
                I hate being the guy who talks bad about competitors, but Brembo products are being made in China.
                Marwan, just because something is made in China does not make them bad, a lot of high quality products come from China.
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
                Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                Schrick cams
                Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
                Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
                KW Coilovers V3
                WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                  Marwan, just because something is made in China does not make them bad, a lot of high quality products come from China.
                  Man I understand your point. I'm not looking low down at any product from a high place. I'm not trying to downgrade any product as well.

But, please choose which on you will buy:

1)Quality Chinese product with fairly low price.
                  2)Quality Chinese product with fairly high price because it has a big brand name on the box.
                  3)Quality OEM German product for a price that is more than no.1 and less than no.2.
                  4)Top quality American aftermarket product made on order for you for a price almost as no.3.

Please choose which one you will go for? I'll take option 4 for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                    :redflag:
                    Bruno, waiting for the brakes to grind befor changing pads is a bad idea. Grinding eats your rotors up quickley. That is why you have the brake sensor to tell you that your pads are low befor they start grinding.:spank:
                    i was assuming one doesn't have a brake sensor :rofl:

:runaway:

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno View Post
                      i was assuming one doesn't have a brake sensor :rofl:

:runaway:
                      Bruno :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                      X