RobiSpec in Dubai :) :) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RobiSpec in Dubai :) :) :)

Guys, this has been instigated in the past (thanks Ken a lot of it is copied pasted from his email), but we are making this a reality.

I just got done with speaking to him for almost an hour this morning and found out some really neat pointers on getting my car dailed in right (ordered some trick parts as well

Those of you who frequent the EvolutionM forums have heard about RobiSpec

For those of you who have not, here's some of his credentials:

----------------------
    ROBISPEC///
    EvolutionM Tuner Champion 2004///EvolutionM Nitto Tire Champion 2006 ///1st Open Touring Challenge T-3 /// 2nd Limited AWD SS time attack /// 1st SCCUSCC Roadrace /// 1st & 2nd NASA TT Unlimited Class 2005 ///2nd TTR NASA Nationals 2006

"BEST turning AWD EVO, I've driven!" - Best Motoring's Keiichi Tsuchiya
    ----------------------

----------------------
    Robi is a spectacular guy. He doesn't advertise it, but the guy is the crew chief on an SCCA T2 car that has won 7 out of 7 of the last races this season.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=285714
    ----------------------

This guy is practically a god when it comes to tuning suspensions, for Porsches, Lotus, Evo, Civic, etc. As you guys know, suspension tuning is a dark art, easy to get wrong and not easy to get right.

I can bet money almost all of us are running around in ill tuned cars.

He offers custom-valved KW Variant 3 coilovers specially set up for the Evo and well as TEIN Ultimate Spec Circuit Master coilovers for the Evo at pretty good prices.

I'm starting discussions with him to fly him in to Dubai for a 'Dubai Special', probably sometime in in Apri/May, for a full-on suspension tuning session in preparation for the coming Autocross, RedLine and Track season. Pricing will be completely transparent, and the payment will be between you and Robi -- I'm just facilitating the whole gig.

You are not compelled to buy anything, you can work out a custom alignment/setting session with robi (website: www.robispec.com)

I am willing to offer him space at my place.

Cheers,

Lutfy
    --
    RobiSpec.com
    13955 Okesa Road
    Apple Valley, CA 92307
    "live a little"

So it's happening....

But is he as good with BMWs? We have a couple of them than can use his touch.

Comment

^^BADLY!!!!
      sigpic
      iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
      Falcons Garage
      Carbotech

Comment

Why am I car-less ?
        sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
        Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
        LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
        P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
        Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Yes he does. He is a crew chief for Pontiac as well. Long and short, you wouldnt be disappointed. He sets up race cars for a living :)

We are aiming for 10 people and there has been interest. Write your name for sure to book your slot. Cost should be around $500-$600 per person and it includes custom alignment/setting/data per car with possible road feedback and if you are out at the track the same weekend, he can help you further finetune the 'driver' to adapt to changes. Worth it in my opinion given it takes anywhere around 2-3 hours per car. I have no cut in this, it will be between you and Robi.

Lutfy

Comment

Value for the money:

You would pay $100 for a very good alignment.
            $150-200 for corner balance/weighting

In the end you are out $300 without any expertise on what is the ideal setting, what is the ideal ride height or any tips on tire pressures or swaybar or bump/rebound setting. You pay slight bit more for all of that which hopefully should include his airfare/time etc.

Its kinda like renting a pro to setup your car. Do it once and be done with it. Unless you need to realign, you still have the data to mimic the old setting.

Lutfy

Comment

So Lutfy, is this in someway useful to any M stock car, specially the allignment and wheel balancing

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                So Lutfy, is this in someway useful to any M stock car, specially the allignment and wheel balancing
                NO! BMWs do not have front camber or caster adjustment. You can only tinker with toe and its best to keep it at 0. For the rear, you have camber and toe adjustment and most guys keep it around -1.5 with a tad toe in. No brainer. Its when you have ride height adjustable coilover with seperate rebound/compression and camber plates and adjustable swaybars when you have a million different variables to play with. You can get it to 85% but to squeeze the last bit out, you need a pro or someone who does it for a living.

Stock car guys and folks running on non coilovers, dont worry. Its for those who want to extract the last bit at the Redline or open track or folks planning on upgrading to a fully adjustable suspension who can benefit from Robi's expertise.

Lutfy

Comment

My concern exactly....I'd kill to have him when my coils are here, which is in 4 months' time if all goes as planned. I'd hate to miss out on this by having the shocks+springs setup!

Comment

Working...
                  X