Megan Racing CO's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megan Racing CO's

So I decided to be a little cost efficient with my coilovers since my initial need was just lowering springs, but with springs theres never any height adjustment and thank god I didn't purchase them because the intercooler pipe that runs to the turbo sits a little low. The MR CO's had everything I looked for and for the right price; if compared to any good brand, they are worth the money because what you get is in the same price range as the bottom end of every decent coilover out there yet you get the options and the satisfaction from the high end products...
    Here are some pros that I can gather just by look/feel.
    Steel mounts. Pillowball mounts front AND rear. One springrate (8/8) to eliminate many of the poor-valving complaints. What *looks* like more height adjustment. Some of the better parts to these are the 32-stage dampener clicks 32 times. The dampner adjuster allen keys are always attached to the strut, rather than the 8" key that floats around, and you get sad when one bends.
    Initial impressions of driving around are that they are very comfortable for 8/8 rates, with very little bounce. Installing these coilovers wasn't hard, very simple and not too time consuming. The coilovers look great, the ride is comfortable, no bouncing and isnt harsh at all. You can definitely feel the road more though and the car really holds in turns.

Yes I do recommend these coilovers for someone who is looking for something worth their money and wants that aggressive look and great road handling. For $850 you can't go wrong...

they are listed as $1050 how did you manage to get them for $850? that's a good deal :bow:

Comment

HPF, they take good care of their clients...

Comment

last time i checked they gave a fellow member $35 on a $1000+ bill.... how do you get %20 off?

Comment

I purchased mine almost 3 months ago, they might have brought up their prices since then...Try to contact Dave, hes the sales manager, great guy to deal with...

Comment

^+1...Prices change.

I'm planning on Ground Control's custom coilover set, but all my car plans are on hold now. It's worth $1100, close to your kit's price. As I told you, we'll do some proper testing later on to give you feedback how they compare to the rest of the kits. But golley!! For their price I wouldn't care how they stack up against the rest...

Comment

Ground Control is a great company, I personally like their sway bars, was thinking of picking them up but all my car projects are on hold for some time, work situation isn't that good...

Comment

i was looking at GC kits and they were going for over 1.5k :(

Comment

Yeah they are quite expensive, but they do have the cheaper option, check it out:

http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=541/CA=176

Comment

When things pick up again, my plans will resume...

Comment

Soon inshallah cause it's getting kindda frustrating, if I dont spend money on my car I feel useless

Comment

Working...
                      X