Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with my runflats!

Hi guys!

Need help with my runflats. I bought my new F10 530i from AGMC in Sep 2012 and in less than 2 years have had to change two tyres and when I sent my car for a service at 40000km at AGMC, I get a call that I need to change 3 more tyres:O Is this normal? I have runflat tyres 245/45.

Please help me with these questions:

1. When is the average time to replace the tyres in hot conditions like Dubai?
    2. Should I move to non-runflat tyres? What about the spare tyre? mobility kit? Suspension issues?
    3. If I keep to runflats, can I do it cheaper out of AGMC. Would it effect my AGMC warranty? Can anyone recommend a good tyre shop in Dubai?

Thanks for your help.(Y)

Harpreet

Dear Haepreet

Below are my opinions/suggestions on your questions.

1. When is the average time to replace the tyres in hot conditions like Dubai?
    It depends on how you drive. But what you have explained is not normal at all. Your wheel alignment is probably out of spec or you may have suspension problems. I would start with the alignment.

2. Should I move to non-runflat tyres? What about the spare tyre? mobility kit? Suspension issues?
    I have always preferred non - runflat tyres. Spare tyres are too heavy to carry around all the time. Mobility kit is a must have.

3. If I keep to runflats, can I do it cheaper out of AGMC. Would it effect my AGMC warranty? Can anyone recommend a good tyre shop in Dubai?
    You can definitely get the tyres cheaper outside the dealership. It should not effect your warranty as long as you use the recommended tyre size.

Good Luck
    Hasan
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Working...
    X