Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replica Alloys

Guys,

I'm considering a set of CSL alloy wheels for my M3. I've had a look around the internet and found literally dozens of companies in the UK supplying replica or "CSL style" wheels. The average price for a set of replicas, including shipping, is about 5500aed. I have also found a genuine set, brand new, but the cost would be around 12000aed.

My question is this...how good are the replica's likely to be? Has anyone else fitted replica's to their car, and if so, are they as good as the real thing? Can anyone recopmmend a good company? Or, should i fork out for the real-deal? Obviously i won't be able to see the goods before i order them (unless i find a supplier here in Dubai) so i'll be a bit blind as to the quality and look of what i'm ordering. I mean, i've only ever once seen a real set of CSL alloys, and i think they were slightly smokey in appearance - if i'm unsure what the real rims look like how am i going to order a replica set?!?!

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Phil
    theeldestboy

Silver 2005 E46 M3 Convertible
    Alpine White 2004 E46 M3 Coupe
    Topaz Blue 2002 M-Spec 330ci Sport Convertible
    Blue 1998 318ti M-Spec Compact Sport

i would stay away from replica's unless it's a very well known product.. for CSL rims i heard that Velocity Motoring in the US has got very good & light product

stay away from local replica rims unless u wanna go for balancing once a week :nono:

BMW history:
    07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

^ +1..

The best CSL rims replica I've come across are the ones sold at Mod Bargains (I think they're the Velocity Motorsport affiliate there), read great reviews from members who use them as track rims/daily drive. The cost is about the same..

Comment

velocity motoring phil.... im considering the same too....unless we can get one frm here
        _
        _______
        [note] post edited due and dead link removed [/note]
        Last edited by Ehssan; 26-02-2014, 04:47 PM.
        Current
        E92 M3 - Mineral White
        F80 M3 - SilverStone

Past
        E36 318is
        E39 540i ///M sport
        VW CC
        E46 M3 - Frozen White

Comment

Originally posted by Wazif View Post
          velocity motoring phil.... im considering the same too....unless we can get one frm here
          velocity motoring CSL replicas were used by najati on his m3 2 years ago in autocross championship and they held well. in fact they had absolutely no problems. i'm sure if he logs in now he can second that.

Comment

^^ Dude just got back from his honeymoon :D Can't be bothered...

Comment

Working...
            X