Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about tires and rims size ..

Hello Guys ..

I went today to Al Khwaneg tiers shop .. i want to fix new tiers and rims for
    My E60 ( 530i ) .. Actually I was looking for 18" rims .. so he said he can fix
    18" with Dunlop tires for the
    back : 265/40
    front : 230/30 or 235/30 I'm not sure or 230/35 hehe
    my mind nt available today
    So is there any problem to do that.. Can the car gear handle that?? Or it will be too heavy?

Thanks All
    AMER
    Last edited by amerzakaria; 21-05-2011, 09:48 PM.

The gear will take it but the tire sizes are totally wrong especially the ones in front

Comment

oh I wrote it wrong in the topic

back : 265/40
      front : 230/30 or 235/30 I'm not sure or 230/35 :D hehe
      my mind nt available today

Comment

It should be 230 35 in the front and 265 is too wide in the back

Comment

what do you advice me for the back ...

Comment

I have E60 and I am running 245/40/R18 for the front and for the back: 275/35/R18, and this the max width and height you can have. Wider or heigher than this will cause problems like rubbing. you can check the sticker on the driver's door for more information about the different tire sizes you can have and the corresponding pressures.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW530i View Post
              I have E60 and I am running 245/40/R18 for the front and for the back: 275/35/R18, and this the max width and height you can have. Wider or heigher than this will cause problems like rubbing. you can check the sticker on the driver's door for more information about the different tire sizes you can have and the corresponding pressures.
              :nicerims:

Will thats cool .. i also want to know .. my car rims are the orginal 17"
              if i put the 18'' will it be a lil higher bcuz its too low .. like 1 finger between the tier and the Body or 1.5 finger :D

Comment

The total height will not change, because when you increase the size of the rim, the height of the tire wall will decrease. Example, your rims are 17" so the height of the tire wall should be either 50 or 45 depending on the tire's width, and if you wanna upgrade to 18", the height of the tire will decrease to either 40 or 35 also depending on the tire width. Like this, the total height of the 18" wheel will be the same as the 17" wheel height.
                Last edited by BMW530i; 21-05-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

ur right i was thinking of that .. my car is wd sport package suspension do you advice to change it .. its original package

Comment

I think that the sport package comes with 18" wheel. I will change my rims to 18" rims only if one these is true:
                    1) my current rims are bent or cracked.
                    2) my current rims the 138 style rims.

other than that it's a waste of money.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW530i View Post
                      I think that the sport package comes with 18" wheel. I will change my rims to 18" rims only if one these is true:
                      1) my current rims are bent or cracked.
                      2) my current rims the 138 style rims.

other than that it's a waste of money.

mine 138 style rims .. i think the previous owner change it ..

Thanks alot for the informations bro:thanks2:

Comment

Anytime :)

Comment

there is no tire size 230 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 235 yes
                          sigpic
                          • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                          and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by deepocean2009 View Post
                            there is no tire size 230 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 235 yes
                            thx dude

ppl wt do u think abt the unoriginal rims from the Khawaneej ?should i fit it

:E30Cabrio:

Comment

it will but every 3 to 6 months u should make alligment
                              sigpic
                              • BMS Dual intake system • BMS Oil Catch Can • BMS Oil Thermostat • COBB FMIC • COBB AccessPort V3 • Aerodynamic kit‬‏ • M Package • Cp-e Tial BOV •Cp-e 3" catless DP • Wedge performance stg3 map • Fox super SS cutback • MMP 2.5 Turbo inlets & outlets • CF Front Splitter Lip Diffuser

When fast cars become cheap, the wrong type of people buy them
                              and the e36 M3 is one of the biggest victims of this phenomenon" - BMW Car Magazine

Comment

Working...
                              X