Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions

Okay, this club seems to be opinionated, so I'm going to solicit for some. I saw a picture of a custom m3 blacked out and thought it looked pretty clean. So I'm thinking of blacking mine. I'm talking about black grill and side vents, smoked indicators and black rims. Anyone seen this done before? I understand the merits of keeping a car like this stock, but need to replace the rims anyways, and I'm on the fence of which direction to take with the project. Fire away. :)

Almost every black E46 M3 in this Club has done the same setup EXCEPT for the black rims. Black rims are a waste of rims in my book...

Comment

Good to know. I'm looking to put on some angel eyes and led tail lights, markers and turn indicators as well. Going to check out the Ferrari shop you guys posted about this weekend. Ordered a K&N cold air intake system, and looking at exhaust as well. Any special reason you're adverse to black rims? The ones I've seen only the alloy spokes black and the outer rims are normal. I'd like to keep the M badging, but if it may look gay I'll wait bit.

Comment

Also, my pictures in my intro may not have been clear enough, but mine is not black. It is a very dark blue. (forgive my ignorance, not knowing the factory color name)

Comment

I like to keep a contrast between dark and bright. I would go for a bright silver rim colour if my car is dark or accented with black trim pieces. As for the K&N, get it but install it after summer. Otherwise I'll keep a new MAF sensor for you at the shop for your pick up..

Comment

Good to know about the intake. How's that going to affect me next summer though? Should I be looking at some other mods along with the intake so I don't kill her?

Comment

There aren't. Keep your stock airbox to retro during summer...K&N comes with its own cleaning oil, so do that regularly.

Comment

order

Ok, I ordered a bunch of things and considering Ayham's advice am going to wait on the rims. Staying away from cheap stuff, this is what I got coming from the US. Ayham, I understand you run a shop? If so, can I pay you guys to do the installation if I'm out of country with work? This is the only "factory" radio upgrade I could find. Seen some trick stuff with led screen where the radio used to be and a brain box in the trunk, but this looks good.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by DoPushUps; 13-08-2010, 03:25 PM. Reason: Bad attachment

Comment

Originally posted by DoPushUps View Post
                  Also, my pictures in my intro may not have been clear enough, but mine is not black. It is a very dark blue. (forgive my ignorance, not knowing the factory color name)
                  Its called Carbon Black..

Comment

Originally posted by DoPushUps View Post
                    Ok, I ordered a bunch of things and considering Ayham's advice am going to wait on the rims. Staying away from cheap stuff, this is what I got coming from the US. Ayham, I understand you run a shop? If so, can I pay you guys to do the installation if I'm out of country with work? This is the only "factory" radio upgrade I could find. Seen some trick stuff with led screen where the radio used to be and a brain box in the trunk, but this looks good.
                    Sure thing...But I can't see a link/picture in reference to the upgrade.

Comment

Fixed

Comment

Speak to member Ehssan regarding your lights, u will be happy with he can do :)
                        Meskovic
                        this is as far as i understand (correct me if i am wrong) a public forum, where people share ideas on how to make the bmw lifestyle better and more pleasurable and enjoyable..where we benefit from others mistakes and learn from our own ,share experiences..all in a common goal to make everything and everyone better, not the opposite.. do i need to remind everyone of all the laughs we had and how many times we shared food and shisha together..how many times we all stayed up late to fix anothers friend (brother) issues?? This is what makes a community, us, people..a common understanding and fellowship..respect

Comment

Originally posted by Nabil View Post
                          Speak to member Ehssan regarding your lights, u will be happy with he can do :)
                          Yes, have Ehssan help you with the upgrade - can't wait to get mine on the roads :P

Project DVS
                          Amuse Ericsson Front-end | SRS Rear-end | Facelift Headlights | Facelift Fenders | Facelift Hood with M-Bulge | Side Lamps & Door-guards delete | Bi-Xenons |
                          CSL Trunk | Widebody flares with accentuated door flares | Roof Spoiler | Quad Exhaust Setup | Carbotech Brakes | K&N Filter | H&R Cupkit | JL Subs | Alpine Head

Comment

Check out the angel eyes on my car buddy... I've also got the darkened grills upfront! Rifo's car has the darkened side and rear lights (depos). Personally i like having the white indicators as its a nice contrast with the carbob black exterior! My car is with Ayham now so feel free to take a look

Oh and I personally didn't like black rims on our exterior color... Hyper silver looks sick!
                            sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

good upgrade you are going through...good luck with the upgrade bro.

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
                              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

Working...
                              X