Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flaring and rolling wheel arches, fenders.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled the arches on my Ferrari :)

This was cool and also somewhat scarey!
    I went back to the UK over the last 3 weeks, whilst i was there i rolled the front arches of my ferrari Dino. The tool worked beautifully, I was a bit scared it might damage the panels, but it rolled the front arches really well. I now have plenty of room for my 18" rims, and the arches still look stock :)
    I had a small problem in that when I cornered at speed the tyre would dig into the arch and just catch.
    I also had to free the water pump as that had seized due to standing for a year. Apart from that its awesome :)
    Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff Nick!!

Question, any damage to the paint upon rolling ? Does the heat gun actually save the paint ?

And, what material is the roller wheel made of ?

Sorry for the sudden questions!
      Last edited by SewerSideUp; 01-09-2010, 04:10 AM.
      sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
      Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
      LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
      P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
      Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Originally posted by SewerSideUp View Post
        Good stuff Nick!!

Question, any damage to the paint upon rolling ? Does the heat gun actually save the paint ?

And, what material is the roller wheel made of ?

Sorry for the sudden questions!
        Heh, thanks!
        the roller is made of silicone rubber type stuff, firm but soft to the body, and very tough. There was a little damage on the inside as some paint flaked. You are supposed to use a heater and heat te paint, but in fairness that arch needs some paint anyway.
        When i did the e36, there was no damage to the paint and it rolled really well. I guess Bahrain is hotter than the UK so the paint is more flexible :)

Comment

Originally posted by nicktruman View Post
          Heh, thanks!
          the roller is made of silicone rubber type stuff, firm but soft to the body, and very tough. There was a little damage on the inside as some paint flaked. You are supposed to use a heater and heat te paint, but in fairness that arch needs some paint anyway.
          When i did the e36, there was no damage to the paint and it rolled really well. I guess Bahrain is hotter than the UK so the paint is more flexible :)
          Sweet, thanks for the reply dude! Helped alot.
          sigpic5/94' E36 318iS 5-spd
          Bilstein PSS|SWIFT 070's|26/18mm sways|FCABS|Sphericals|Prospec/ACS bars|M plates+shims
          LTW FW+228mm SACHS|UUC EVOII|ATS Metal LSD|Solid mounts throughout
          P&P TB|3" box|COP|FDM|De'heater plated
          Recaro|OMP|Borbet/MK Motorsports|M DSII's|Custom lip

Comment

Working...
          X