Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With Tyres!!!

Hey people,

last night my left rear tyre gave up in the middle of SZR. my tyres are all dunlop and the rear size is 255/35/18. fortunately there is a dunlop shop at the petrol station near ibn battuta. they told me they have the tyre in stock, however it is from 2006. i called abu dhabi dunlop and they said that it is out of stock and that tyre is not being manufactured anymore. so i've got some questions in mind. i appreciate if anyone can help:

1 - does it really matter to use a tyre back from 2006? is it really a threat to safety?

2 - if i decide to get another brand, do i need to change all the tyres?

3 - if i change all my tyres, is there any brand that wouldnot blow my budget off? :D

4 - i want to go for pirelli since they are the sponsors of the club. what is the discount rate if there is any? and how much will it cost approximately to change my tyres all?
    E46 330CI Convertible
    sigpic

No there wouldnt be any problem if you use tires produced in 2006, depending on the way they're stored, you can use any tires from the previous five years but always keep in mind the way they were stored from the place you buy..

Send a pm to member 'Pirelli' and ask him what tire size you're looking for, Ra'ad should be able to help you and secure you a set of Pirellis with a good discount..

Comment

+1 to what SSense said, but what's the manufacturing date on your other 3 tyres anyway??

BMW history:
      07 Z4MC | 01 330ci | 99 Z3R | 93 325ic

Comment

If you bought them from Sharjah next to Sahara then a 5 days old tyre would burst based on the storing conditions lol .. Go to Pirelli :)
        Drive To The Satisfaction... A Dreamer's Pursuit

2013 F10 M5 - M Drivers Package
        Alpine White / Sakhir Orange

Mods: ZCP Kidney Grilles

2009 E92 M3 - M Drivers Package
        Melbourne Red / Imola Red [Manual] (SOLD)

Mods: Full Catless AlphaMale Performance Valvetronic Exhaust | Macht Schnell Stage 2 Air Intake | H&R Lowering Springs | ECS Tuning Spacers | Carbon Fiber Front Splitters | Glossy Black Kidney Grilles | Plasti-Dipped Fender Grilles | LCI Tail Lights | Carbon Fiber H-Style Diffuser | Stage 2 Tune (Simon MotorSport) | Macht Schnell Pulleys | Carbon Fiber LowKick Trunk Spoiler

2003 E46 M3 - Carbon Black / Imola Red (BLOWN)
        Mods: Rear Smoked LEDs | Front Smoked Corner Lights | 4300K Phillips 85122+ Bulbs | BMC Drop-In Panel | Matt Black Kidney Grilles | 7500K CCFL | Matt Black Side Grilles | FOX SS Muffler | VIEZU Remap | CSL Carbon Fiber Splitters | EvoSport Under Drive Pulley Kit | K&N Cold Air Intake | K&N Scoops | Hawk Carbon-Ceramic Brake Pads | R1Concepts Zinc-Coated Cross-Drilled Rotors | Agency Power Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines | Hyper Black M3 Competition Rims | FXR Bi-Xenon Projectors w/ Clear Lenses | 70% 3M Tinting
        1997 E39 528i - Champagne Beige / Sand Beige (SOLD)
        Mods: Front & Rear OEM Facelift | K&N Cold Air Intake | Straight Pipes | MAF Delete | Custom Made Air Intake Elbow | 3.15 LSD Differential | SplitFire Spark Plugs | E36-7 Z3 OEM 17" Rims | 50% 3M Tinting

Need Assistance?
        eMail:
        Rafik@bmwclubuae.com

@Rafik_Jabbour (Link)

Comment

chnage them all... but what's your budget?

Comment

www.tirerack.com is your friend. Cost of tires plus $200 for shipping (to your door). Excellent customer service, competitive prices, no BS. What else do you want? I found it cheaper to ship my tires from the US than to buy it here locally.

Comment

im with Bruno, since u ll be in safe and dont save on this issue...

E60 M5: LCI OEM Tail Light, CF Front/Side Grill, Bright White Angel eyes"
              E46-Sold: OEM MtechII, Eisenmann exhaust (2x83mm), Bilstein sport shocks, H&R sprot springs, 18” OEM rims (F:225, R:255), M3 auto folding/heated mirrors, clear (LEDs tail lights/corners/sides), Orion V2 angel eyes, Xenoflo HID bulb (6000K) low beam, CF (interior/knob/steering wheel trim/doors handles/grille), Alcantara (gear boot/hand brake)

Comment

thanks for the comments guys.

@Haissam - my 3 other tyres are from early 2008.
                @Bruno - the budget for each tyre is around 750. so if i am gonna change all 4, it should cost me around 3000 give or take.
                @Lutfy - how long does it take to receive?

dunlop dubai called me in the evening and they said that they have the tyre from 2007 at their jafza storage. i told them to hold for a while.
                E46 330CI Convertible
                sigpic

Comment

by the way, a guy driving a 6 series stepped in to the dunlop shop when i was there and he said he wants to change his RFTs to normal ones.. :confused:
                  E46 330CI Convertible
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oceangoing View Post
                    @Lutfy - how long does it take to receive?
                    5 days and you get the latest production version of the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Lutfy View Post
                      5 days and you get the latest production version of the tires.

I doubt it the latest Production version
                      PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pirelli View Post
                        I doubt it the latest Production version
                        Tirerack does a lot of business and thus has a lot of turnover...Stock is in and out quickly. I would bet that you are more likely to get very recently produced tires there than anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by TRSpitfire View Post
                          Tirerack does a lot of business and thus has a lot of turnover...Stock is in and out quickly. I would bet that you are more likely to get very recently produced tires there than anywhere else.
                          Thx for your answer, but i saw alot of invoices and tyres which arrived recently to DUBAI from Tirerack with 2004 2005 2006 production...

But my question was, if you recieved OLD Dated tyres from Tirerack, will they be under warranty? or will they be worth sending them back?
                          PIRELLI Power Is Nothing Without Control

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X