Throttle bodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle bodies

I'm trying to find a place in the UAE that would be able to bore out my throttle bodies for my car. I would then use the throttle plate from a E36 M3 to use with my TB's(I was told they were bigger than my stock ones).
    Does anyone know the actual size for the E36 M3 throttle plates?
    Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    '00 BMW :///M:5 Alpine White

Mods
    Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
    Schrick cams
    Hamann Headers (High temperature coated inside and out)
    Custom made exhaust (cat delet)
    KW Coilovers V3
    WP Pro BBK (360 mm rotors, 8 pot calipers front, 6 pot calipers rear)

sigpic

I'm not in the loop regarding the actual size of the E36 TBs, but I think it's correct that they're bigger (engine bay size restraints between 6 TBs and 8 TBs)...

Without a doubt you'd benefit from oversized TBs, but there's a point of diminshing returns and it'll be a trial and error procedure till you find the optimum dimater. Unless it's been done before and unless you have plenty of time and resources, I suggest investing in airboxes with "film" filter elements for the same result (on stock ECU tune) or better if you'd use an Alpha-N chip for the MAF delete.

Comment

Its hard fitting the E36 TBs into an E39,
      BTW how much extra hp will you achieve after replacing the TBs ?! 6-8 hp extra ? or is it more ?

Comment

FYI, you'll also have to get the right software to run the E36 TBs on the M5, without the software you'll be stuck no where, thats an important point, because you've got the Chip Logic ECU which might not be compatible.
        Moreover if you think the car will gain some hp, I dont think its true, the only extra hp that you'll gain is actually the crank hp.
        TB mod is of no value, I wish you good luck, but my recommendation is spend your money on other mods. In the end, the choice is entirely yours.
        Last edited by SSense; 05-10-2008, 01:38 AM.

Comment

I really dont think that u'll have alot of gains doing that, since ur engine head would still have the same intake runners designed for stock TBs..........unless ur planning to go FI in the future :bow:

And E36 TB are larger than the M5's TB but i dont have the actuall size of it, but i can search it for you.....where ru going to get the throttle butterflies from?????? they do not sell them alone !!!
          sigpic
          iDingPower SII

Sponsors:

Pirelli
          Falcons Garage
          Carbotech

Comment

Ive read somewhere online Dinan selling their TBs alone, but the TB's will not work right unless you have the Dinan software.

Comment

What I'm trying to do is experement with an extra set of TB's I have. Dinan claim big gains with their TB's and velocity stacks. So if I can do the TB's, then I would have to figure out the velocity stacks. I would then use the Dinan stage 6 software which would take advantage of my Tb's, cams, and exhaust.
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods
              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
              Schrick cams
              KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

alquazi, this is seriously like risking your engine, but if your aim is to gain more hp then there are other better ways rather than the TBs. Think and decide bro before taking any step :) In the end its your car.

Comment

Originally posted by SSense View Post
                  alquazi, this is seriously like risking your engine, but if your aim is to gain more hp then there are other better ways rather than the TBs. Think and decide bro before taking any step :) In the end its your car.
                  OK, what other better ways are there to gain more horse power?

Mods
                  Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                  Schrick cams
                  KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

With the Chip Logic ECU and the custom made exhaust, how many ponies can you pull now and how mauch more are you looking for ?
                    Last edited by SSense; 07-10-2008, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Airboxes for intake, the only REAL intake mod...

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
                        Airboxes for intake, the only REAL intake mod...
                        +1 I heard Dinan is good

Comment

With the Chip Logic ECU and the custom made exhaust, how many ponies can you pull now and how mauch more are you looking for ?
                          With that plus my cams and headers I should be around 440-450 HP. I'm restricted in the intake side. If I get a cold air intake and solve the TB's and velocity stacks and upgrade the software to Dinan stage 6, then I should be around 480 HP. Then I'll start working on my short block to get it ready for FI. I guessa a twin SC will be good for 750-800 HP.

Mods
                          Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                          Schrick cams
                          KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alquazi View Post
                            With that plus my cams and headers I should be around 440-450 HP. I'm restricted in the intake side. If I get a cold air intake and solve the TB's and velocity stacks and upgrade the software to Dinan stage 6, then I should be around 480 HP. Then I'll start working on my short block to get it ready for FI. I guessa a twin SC will be good for 750-800 HP.
                            750-800 HP ?! Even the Dinan supercharger doesnt make that much, their single SC makes around 100-120 HP only. All the Best dude
                            Last edited by SSense; 07-10-2008, 01:17 PM.

Comment

750-800 HP ?! Even the Dinan supercharger doesnt make that much, their single SC makes around 100-120 HP only. All the Best dude
                              The Dinan S3 SC M5 makes 621 HP, so thats actualy 221 HP gain. I belive it's by far the best all around SC option out there for the E39 M5. The only problem is that to go from a stock M5 to a Dinan S3 M5 you would have to pay more than $70,000. Thier SC kit alone is $23,999 and that's not installed.

Mods
                              Evolve stage 3 ECU tune
                              Schrick cams
                              KW Coilovers V3

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X