Hypothetically speaking / Z4 35is / performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypothetically speaking / Z4 35is / performance

Hypothetically speaking if someone had a 2012 Z4 35is (350hp 0-60 in 4.7secs) and wanted to Hypothetically fix it up to take on or even beat a 911 turbo (500hp 0-60 in 3.5secs). how would someone hypothetically do this?

Does anyone have any idea what would be required?

Being new to the European car industry I have ideas but its someone different to the simple “bolt on American car industry”

Lastly does the club have a “parts guy / mechanic or shop”? being part of the club I would rather first bring business to club members before outsourcing.

To beat a 911 Turbo you would need a bigger turbo, DKG, AWD and put the engine behind you butt.

Das Autoworks is the Club Workshop. Just send a PM to Ayham and he will take care of your ride.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

You need to:

- Swap an S62 in there

- Twin-supercharge it

- LSD in the rear

Finally, we'll see what happens :)

Comment

so...

S62 - 5000 USD
        twin supercharger - 6000 USD
        LSD - 1000 USD

12k not including Labor.

Seems alot for another 150hp. American cars would be half that without the need for the new engine.

Although I am comparing oranges with apples.

Comment

Originally posted by JNJ View Post
          so...

S62 - 5000 USD
          twin supercharger - 6000 USD
          LSD - 1000 USD

12k not including Labor.

Seems alot for another 150hp. American cars would be half that without the need for the new engine.

Although I am comparing oranges with apples.
          It's not all about the HP. It is very difficult to get a sub 4 sec time without AWD.

Perhaps you should sell this car an get yourself an Audi TTRS.
          sigpic

Comment

Even the G Power M6 will not get to 60 in under 4 secs.
            sigpic

Comment

HAHA - I don't think selling it is an option, I don't pick it up until the 25th of this month - hehe

Well I like the style and the feel of the Z4 to much. I test drove the 2011 and loved it and prefer RWD to AWD as well.

I guess ill have to buy the boss some flowers take her out for dinner and buy her something nice before asking her if its ok :yessir:

Comment

HAHA - I don't think selling it is an option, I don't pick it up until the 25th of this month - hehe

Well I like the style and the feel of the Z4 to much. I test drove the 2011 and loved it and prefer RWD to AWD as well.

I guess ill have to buy the boss some flowers take her out for dinner and buy her something nice before asking her if its ok :yessir:
                In this case. May I suggest that you leave the 911 Turbo alone.

Just enjoy what you have.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                  In this case. May I suggest that you leave the 911 Turbo alone.

Just enjoy what you have.

I am just planning for the future. This will be a modification that is about a year down the road.

I just know what I am like.

Comment

I am just planning for the future. This will be a modification that is about a year down the road.

I just know what I am like.
                    Good Luck with your plans.

I seriously doubt that the Z4 will can be modified to beat a 911 Turbo with RWD only.
                    sigpic

Comment

a friend with a 335 bumped his hp to above 400 easy... not even touching the turbos I think. remap, down pipes, intakes, LSD... but definitely cant beat the Porka!
                      sigpic

Something EVIL is brewing... :///M:

Cry havoc... and let slip the dogs of WAR!!!

Comment

Hypothetically speaking if someone had a 2012 Z4 35is (350hp 0-60 in 4.7secs) and wanted to Hypothetically fix it up to take on or even beat a 911 turbo (500hp 0-60 in 3.5secs). how would someone hypothetically do this?

Does anyone have any idea what would be required?

Being new to the European car industry I have ideas but its someone different to the simple “bolt on American car industry”

Lastly does the club have a “parts guy / mechanic or shop”? being part of the club I would rather first bring business to club members before outsourcing.
                        if you car is 2011 Z4 then you have N55 Engine , i'm sorry to say that BMW have designed this engine to limit the power upgrade Potential so that they can use the N54 for their coming M cars which is currently in the M1 ,

If it was N54 then with Turbo upgrade - Tune and exhaust system , 3 things can bump the HP to 500 on the wheel ,, you need 450 HP to be head to head with the 911 Turbo ..

ASR tuning have done few 135I's upgrade with the help of Vishnu tuning , their cars reached 550 WHP , it beats the fully tuned/upgraded 911 turbo's ..

Comment

and BTW , your car is not 350 HP ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Ehssan View Post
                            if you car is 2011 Z4 then you have N55 Engine , i'm sorry to say that BMW have designed this engine to limit the power upgrade Potential so that they can use the N54 for their coming M cars which is currently in the M1 ,

If it was N54 then with Turbo upgrade - Tune and exhaust system , 3 things can bump the HP to 500 on the wheel ,, you need 450 HP to be head to head with the 911 Turbo ..

ASR tuning have done few 135I's upgrade with the help of Vishnu tuning , their cars reached 550 WHP , it beats the fully tuned/upgraded 911 turbo's ..
                            Unfortunately, you need a lot more than HP to beat the Porka in 0 to 60 time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hasan Shaikh View Post
                              Unfortunately, you need a lot more than HP to beat the Porka in 0 to 60 time.
                              Unfortunately Hassan , you need to study a lot before you say that :lol:

Comment

Working...
                              X