No announcement yet.

Evolve ECU Tune!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally posted by eoudeh
    count me in for the next one!!
    You have to get it Eyad! It's like day and night. The difference is huge and you can feel it at all RPMs. Even in P400.
    sigpic

http://www.youtube.com/user/hashaikh11

Comment

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Originally posted by eoudeh
      woooow, i heard about the result even b4 i saw this well briefing post im happy for the result in ur real monster now and definitely it ll be my turn and next step im doing when salman come back here as bruno said :)
      1st i need to install the Eisenmann Exhaust in jan. then the monster will be ready to become bigger thirsty monster :D
      to Evolve for the excellent job as usual.
      Good news! I shall cone to watch you guys get your tune. You learn soo much just by being around that guy.

It is a good idea to get it done after you get your exhaust done. Then you can get the map done in accordance with the adaptations your ECU has done for it.
      sigpic

Comment

sweet :) good job bro
        sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
        E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
        E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
        E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by springz View Post
          sweet :) good job bro
          Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

Had a change to peep on the remapping process by salman on Hassan car …all I could see some is some matrix code (same like the movie matrix) on his laptop and I guess only the chosen one can decode it. To gain 33hp from ECU alone is not a joke and im wondering how many extra hp is still hidding in that S85 engine. So I guess Hassan’s beast is the fasters M6, infact fasters bmw in uae as we speak probably producing around 550hp.

As im still newbie in this club, it was pleasure to meet Salman, Hassan and his baby M6 (nice mod especially the CF thing) and thumb up for Ayham for providing such venue.
            sigpic:evil:

Comment

Thanks Mate! However I am sure there are many much faster M6s here in the UAE.
              sigpic

Comment

okay I've seen all the power gains and all the advantages which are greeaat but are there any drawbacks to this ?
                Also will it make a difference on the 650i? Is it worth it to get it on a 650 ?
                07 E64 650i Silver

sigpic

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

No drawbacks except for failing some components that are already almost due for a change, i.e. fuel pump, MAF sensor, coils, sparks, injectors, clutch plate. In any case, to make sure you get the best outta the tune, all these must be in tip top status.
                  Last edited by Ayham; 23-12-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

^what about 335i? compared to the viezu remap?
                    sigpic

Comment

DUDE, I'm very happy for u, i mean, 33 bhp from a tune in an NA engine, that's something else! congrats bro!!

Past Ride: E39 530i
                      Current Ride: E46 330i Hartge
                      Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

And a question, As mentioned by Ayham, it's best to have it in tip top status, but later, after the tune... wont the life span of certain components become shorter? Since I'm sure BMW has limited the power for a good reason such as to maintain a good factor of safety and lifetime. I might be wrong about all this but I'm just asking because I don't see any other reason why BMW would hide 33 hp or such from your engine. Same goes for all cars actually, not only BMW, especially FI engines where there boost can be raised easily for extra power.

Mods: Matt Black Front Grille | Hartge ECU Chip Tuning | Smoked Rear lights | M3 front bumper | M-Tech rear spoiler | Stett performance headers | Rear M-tech 1 bumper

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

Everything is designed with a safety factor and built dialed down. Tuners simply tap into this safety margin

Comment

compared to viezu remaps how is it?what r the ups and downs?
                            some infos pls for those of us who run a different map already...thnx
                            sigpic

Comment

Ayham, can u please elaborate? abit of details because I'm not following...thanks! :D

Comment

Ok..

BMW designs the S85 engine to withstand and produce 600hp. However, and due to sheer numbers and therefore many potential reliabilty complaints later on from half wits IF they released the engine running at its limit, they release it "dialed down" in a bid to make it fool-proof we may say.

Tuners simply come in to play by tapping into this margin bringing out some of the taken-away engine output. Mind you that dialing down the engine is done via hardware (cams and pistons) and software (tune).

Comment

Working...
                                X