Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Gearbox

Hi everyone.

Do you think that changing the transmission of BMW would be a good thing or not?

Can the tiptronic tranmission be installed to E36's or M3 1991 to 1997?

Is there any workshop that does this and professional?

Approximately, how much would it cost to do that?
    sigpic

Get in touch with Ayham, he should be able to shed some light on swaps and Das Autoworks do a very neat n clean work !

Comment

I hope Ayham can advice me if later I can change automatic transmission to tiptronic and approximately how much it will cost me...
      sigpic

Comment

Ok lets get this straight ..... u have an e36, and u want to switch ur tranny to "tiptronic":

Well there are 2 scenarios for the switch:

1. from auto to tiptronic --> and that would be "pointless"
        2. from manual to tiptronic --> (i would definetly be kicked out if i type something here)

please clarify
        Last edited by ramirbj; 28-09-2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Doable or not, never been interested in making a car automatic. A stick shift is the way to go....

Comment

i believe one of the users on this forum who goes by the name of "the caveman" has done several types of transmission swaps on e36s. i seem to recall him saying he's done automatic, manual, tiptronic, steptronic, shiftronic, supertronic, megatronic, ultratronic, SMG, DCT and even once an Alfa Romeo Selespeed transmission swap. be prepared to spend a lot though; probably in the ballpark of 13,000 zamondinos... best of luck dude

Comment

As Ayham Said Nothing like manual specially on E36s ... Ill swap mine soon to Manual as well and as far as i know it wont cost over 3k.. Das is your solution
              sigpic

E92 335i 09 - Current
              E36 320i | Mods: Rieger kit, Matt Black Grills, BBS Rims, ACS Spoiler, Xenon HID, K&N Intake, Fox Exhaust system, MoMo Steering wheel , LED Angel Eyes - Current
              E30 M-Tech 325i - Sold
              E23 735i - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by selnashar View Post
                i believe one of the users on this forum who goes by the name of "the caveman" has done several types of transmission swaps on e36s. i seem to recall him saying he's done automatic, manual, tiptronic, steptronic, shiftronic, supertronic, megatronic, ultratronic, SMG, DCT and even once an Alfa Romeo Selespeed transmission swap. be prepared to spend a lot though; probably in the ballpark of 13,000 zamondinos... best of luck dude
                aaah .... the good old days of Zamonda! ... probably the the best place to go to for a tiptronic swap!

Comment

dont waste ur money in tiptronic..... if there is any 1 can upgrade it it will much btr specialy if u want 2 modify the engine
                  sigpic
                  Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

ah ok. it is an M3 but Automatic that's y. can be better in drivetrain, torque as well...
                    sigpic

Comment

4 me!! is there a clutch pedal?? i dont believe in auto or tiptronic or SMG.... same same (no 3rd pedal) so keep it as its
                      sigpic
                      Some People Are Alive ONLY Because It's Illegal To Kill Them!

Comment

Working...
                      X