Bad week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad week

Ok, so, this may not be the right thread location. Didn't see a maintenance and issues thread. I got in some of my cosmetic parts last week for my 2001 e46 M3 and happily slapped them on. One of the blacked-out side vent covers promptly peeled off on the Al-Ain/ Dubai road and ran away. Now the traction control light and tire pressure light is coming on. The lights are preceded by what feels like the ABS engaging lightly on the left front wheel. When I turn the vehicle off and on the lights go out and they come back on later. Tried the tire reset, and there is no noticeable difference in handling or performance. I did recently have new rear tires put on and the alignment and balancing done at the Auto Pro across from the Mirdif City Center Mall, but that was 2 weeks ago. Anyone know what this is?

I understand that the club recommends Das Autoworks, where is it located?

For tire pressure, it could be that one of your tires is running less pressure than the memorised tire pressure, hence what you have to do is, fill in the pressure in all the tires and reset the new tire pressure again..

Once you've filled the pressure in tires:

1. Put the ignition key on position 2
    2. Press the tire pressure button until the light goes off
    3. Drive around for 10 mins in a straight line if possible

and there you go, you've reset the tire pressure, the tire warning shouldnt come up again, unless there is a malfunction with the tire pressure monitor..

Das Auto is located in Al Quoz, you can contact Ayham directly on his mobile for location or assistance, 050 652 77 22

Comment

Das is in al Qoz

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...4785a208ccc649

it could be an abs sensor too or a speed sensor

Comment

Here's the map :)

Attached Files
        sigpic
        07' HFP Accord | Current
        HFP Front Lip | HFP Rear Trunk Spoiler | Intake Resonator Delete | MaxSpeed Lowering Springs | Rear Seat Delete | SSP Wheels - Gold 17"s | Pirelli Tires | Custom Intake Tubes | M/T Shifter Boot | Smoked Taillights/Reverse Lights | Black Housing Headlights | Yellow Lens Fog Lights | Carbon Fiber Front Grille | Shadow Black Window Trim | Custom Rear Diffuser-like Mod | PlastiDip on Rear Emblems

/ / / M .... The Most Powerful Letter In The World

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

My vote goes for busted speed sensor(s). How long after the alignment was done till the lights came on? Did you inspect the tires and aligned them or were they new? Also, did you align the steering rods? Did you do any brake job (pads or bleeding)?
          Last edited by Ayham; 02-09-2010, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.509 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Or abs sensor or abs unit or you installed wrong tires. I remember that u had oem wheels a while back correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Ayham View Post
              Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.272 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/212)

My vote goes for busted speed sensor(s). How long after the alignment was done till the lights came on? Did you inspect the tires and aligned them or were they new? Also, did you align the steering rods? Did you do any brake job (pads or bleeding)?
              From what I could read up, I was thinking the same thing. It was about a week and a half after the alignment job. I have stock wheels. I replaced the rear tires and had all 4 tires rebalanced, aligned and filled with nitrogen. Also has an engine flush and oil/filter change during the same service. I had it done at the auto pro across from the mirdif mall. I stood over them the whole time and they did a good job. (Although, I am unfamiliar with the calibrations for the sensor systems, which are apparently fairly intricate and sensitive).

Thanks for the map, I think I'd like to have it looked at. What are the shop timings so I can bring it by?
              Last edited by DoPushUps; 02-09-2010, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X